Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio

Old Nov 7, 2011, 05:51 PM   #1
ttttaylor
macrumors regular

Logic Express 9 v Logic Pro 9: software instruments?

i hope some of you can help me... sorry if this post ends up a little long-winded!

how does Logic Express 9 compare to Logic Pro 9 in terms of included software instruments, such as different drum kits, piano sounds, etc.?

i looked here, and i'm assuming it's the "sampler instruments" that i'm looking for (1000 in LE9, 1700 in LP9). or is it the "instrument plug-ins"? ...but then, would the six jam packs in LP9 be worth anything to me? i know i may sound stupid, but i don't really get 100% what's what.

basically, i'm wondering if anyone has used LE9 and can give some insight as to what the selection is like for software instruments. bonus if you can compare it to what you get in LP9. thanks!

up until this point (for too long now) i've been using garageband and some actual synths that i own but after dabbling with LP9 on my friend's system i really want to start working more with software instruments. i know purists may not agree with this.

i'm an audio engineering student, and have access to Pro Tools 9 and Logic Pro 9 at school. i'm looking to get either LE9 or LP9 for my home so that i can have full commercial license capabilities to work on my own personal stuff.
ttttaylor is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio

Tags
instruments, logic, logic express, logic pro