Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Nov 8, 2011, 12:00 AM   #1
AndrewR23
macrumors 68020
 
AndrewR23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
My computer won't turn on after sleep about 4/6 times

Very strange. Every 4 times or so my computer won't turn on at all after sleep...


MacBook pro mid 2009 with latest software.
AndrewR23 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2011, 12:13 AM   #2
thundersteele
macrumors 68030
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
have you tried giving it coffee or playing loud music to it?
thundersteele is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2011, 12:17 AM   #3
Lee Adama
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewR23 View Post
Very strange. Every 4 times or so my computer won't turn on at all after sleep...


MacBook pro mid 2009 with latest software.
how long are you waiting? My MBP usually wakes up within a few seconds. When I run it thru a monitor, it takes a few extra seconds to fully wake up.

Applecare? I'd contact Apple and make a Genius appointment.
__________________
MacBook Pro 13 late 2011, iPhone 4, Mac Mini, iPad & iPad 2 White, Apple TV, Airport Extreme Base Starion 4th Gen, Airport Express and way to many cases, gizmos and cables.
Lee Adama is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2011, 01:38 AM   #4
AndrewR23
Thread Starter
macrumors 68020
 
AndrewR23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Adama View Post
how long are you waiting? My MBP usually wakes up within a few seconds. When I run it thru a monitor, it takes a few extra seconds to fully wake up.

Applecare? I'd contact Apple and make a Genius appointment.
Yeah, until next June.

Every 10 times I open my comp from sleep, 6 times it will not turn on. At all. Waited a good 5 minutes.

The other 4 times, it opens by pressing buttons and stuff.
AndrewR23 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2011, 01:51 AM   #5
Mr. Retrofire
macrumors 601
 
Mr. Retrofire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: www.emiliana.cl
Quote:
Originally Posted by thundersteele View Post
have you tried giving it coffee or playing loud music to it?
Good idea!
Mr. Retrofire is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2011, 02:02 AM   #6
Mr. Retrofire
macrumors 601
 
Mr. Retrofire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: www.emiliana.cl
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewR23 View Post
Every 10 times I open my comp from sleep, 6 times it will not turn on. At all. Waited a good 5 minutes.

The other 4 times, it opens by pressing buttons and stuff.
Sounds like a dying GPU (9600M GT). The GPU in my Mid-2009 MBP is already dead. Use gfxCardStatus, to switch permanently to the integrated 9400M, if possible.
Mr. Retrofire is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2011, 02:18 AM   #7
AndrewR23
Thread Starter
macrumors 68020
 
AndrewR23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Retrofire View Post
Sounds like a dying GPU (9600M GT). The GPU in my Mid-2009 MBP is already dead. Use gfxCardStatus, to switch permanently to the integrated 9400M, if possible.
forgot to add its a 13inch
AndrewR23 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Differentiating between Computer Sleep and Display Sleep jpelton-stroud OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion 1 Mar 14, 2013 12:43 PM
MBP won't wake from sleep using apple Remote and display recover from sleep in clamsh aoaaron MacBook Pro 1 Jan 10, 2013 10:33 AM
Mac Pro Snow Leopard Display will Sleep but Computer will not Sleep benos Mac Pro 0 Oct 26, 2012 06:56 PM
Iphone4s won't turn on..even after clicking both Home and Sleep buttons!! RainbowDoll iPhone 2 Aug 6, 2012 10:05 PM
Macbook Pro display won't turn on after sleep Beliblis MacBook Pro 0 Jul 6, 2012 06:18 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:31 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC