Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Nov 8, 2011, 03:41 AM   #1
matrix808
macrumors regular

weak wifi signal on iPhone 4

Having problem with the wifi signal on my phone. My router is only 1 room away from me but i only get 1 bar of wifi signal and sometimes my phone won't even read the router. Router has been in the same place as always and i used to be able to get full reception in my room. Both my iTouch 3g and MBP are able to get full bars, its just my iPhone thats having an issue. Anyone know what might be the problem? I didn't buy apple care and i bought the phone on release day, so I'm not sure if apple will fix/replace my phone if this is a hardware issue.
matrix808 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2011, 03:46 PM   #2
hizzaah
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix808 View Post
Having problem with the wifi signal on my phone. My router is only 1 room away from me but i only get 1 bar of wifi signal and sometimes my phone won't even read the router. Router has been in the same place as always and i used to be able to get full reception in my room. Both my iTouch 3g and MBP are able to get full bars, its just my iPhone thats having an issue. Anyone know what might be the problem? I didn't buy apple care and i bought the phone on release day, so I'm not sure if apple will fix/replace my phone if this is a hardware issue.
I had this same issue from day one when I had my iP4.. Actually i think a decent number of people had an issue with it. Bad batch of wifi chips or somethin. AT&T was going to replace it, but thy wanted to put a hold pn my card for the full amount of a new iphone! I took it in to apple, they tried checking for wifi and 3 networks showed up. He was like "well that's no good, let me replace this for you". The replacement phone showed around 10 networks..
hizzaah is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2011, 05:36 PM   #3
matrix808
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by hizzaah View Post
I had this same issue from day one when I had my iP4.. Actually i think a decent number of people had an issue with it. Bad batch of wifi chips or somethin. AT&T was going to replace it, but thy wanted to put a hold pn my card for the full amount of a new iphone! I took it in to apple, they tried checking for wifi and 3 networks showed up. He was like "well that's no good, let me replace this for you". The replacement phone showed around 10 networks..
Ya im starting to think that this issue is more hardware related. i can walk into Starbucks and will only receive 1-2 bars from their hotspot. i guess ill try go to apple and see if they will hopefully replace my phone, but i doubt it if its past my 1 year and i didnt buy extended apple care
matrix808 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting