Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kentylad

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
I have recently had trouble restoring all my apps on a new 4S, and although it's a pain because I lost my app-based data, I shrugged my shoulders and got on with it. I soon realised I didn't have all my apps, so went to the app store to re-download them. However, on the app store they say 'INSTALLED', and when I search for the app on the phone, the apps appear in Finder - but GE icons do not appear on the phone... Really weird.*

Any help appreciated.*

munch2112

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2011
Devon, UK
Where they all folders up previously?

Cos now they will be unfolded and you may have too many apps for the amount of pages we get!

lelisa13p

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2009
Atlanta, GA USA
Indeed. If you filled more than 11 pages the other icons are hiding. Try creating some folders and dropping apps into those. After you have some clear places on your screen, hold down Home & Power simultaneously, letting go only after you see the Apple icon on your screen. Hiding icons will pop back in to fill the empty spaces; you will have to repeat the process if you are still over the limit until all have been recovered.

If this isn't the cause, I'm stumped. :confused:

BrunoWill

macrumors member
Nov 3, 2011
You can try to download it again with your computer, and then sync into your iPhone, if still nothing comes out, restart your iPhone and try.

kentylad

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
Indeed. If you filled more than 11 pages the other icons are hiding. Try creating some folders and dropping apps into those. After you have some clear places on your screen, hold down Home & Power simultaneously, letting go only after you see the Apple icon on your screen. Hiding icons will pop back in to fill the empty spaces; you will have to repeat the process if you are still over the limit until all have been recovered.

If this isn't the cause, I'm stumped. :confused:

Thank you very much! This resolved the issue. I have had an iPhone for around 3 years now so have quite a few apps. Thanks again.

lelisa13p

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2009
Atlanta, GA USA
Thank you very much! This resolved the issue. I have had an iPhone for around 3 years now so have quite a few apps. Thanks again.
You're welcome. Happy to help. :)

This happened to me a couple of years ago because I have an embarrassingly large number of apps. :eek: I did a Happy Dance when Folders were added. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.