Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Nov 8, 2011, 03:44 PM   #1
JoshuaBlue
macrumors newbie

Rumors around an ATV3?

Hey all!

I'm thinking about picking up an ATV2 for the house, mostly for the wife and kid, for christmas.

I got so caught up in iPhone 4s fever, (which is currently in transit!)
It seems i've missed any news or details on rumors surrounding a new tv? The current one has been out a while, and seems a refresh is due.

What do you guys think? Go ahead and pick up the current model now for christmas, or wait until a new one comes out? And yeah, I know this could be way after christmas...
JoshuaBlue is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2011, 03:46 PM   #2
Intell
macrumors P6

No rumors. Best guess, 2012/2013.
Last edited by Intell; Yesterday at 3:16 AM.
Intell is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2011, 03:47 PM   #3
JoshuaBlue
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intell View Post
No rumors. Best guess, 2012/2013.
That's what I figured. My initial guess is springtime announcement, or whenever they announce the iPad 3.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 04:19 PM   #4
marc11
macrumors 68000

If you are thinking of an ATV2 just get it. The unit is pretty awesome as it is...more awesome if they would add Hulu Plus or allow Airplay to it, but awesome anyway.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 08:50 PM   #5
JoshuaBlue
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc11 View Post
If you are thinking of an ATV2 just get it. The unit is pretty awesome as it is...more awesome if they would add Hulu Plus or allow Airplay to it, but awesome anyway.
Thanks marc. I'm thinking that's what I'll probably do. It will probably mostly just be used to watch netflix and rented movies anyways.
Old Nov 9, 2011, 01:17 AM   #6
snowwhite007
macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I wish us uk users could gt netflix so annoying
snowwhite007 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2011, 02:50 AM   #7
marc11
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowwhite007 View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Ha, how about an American living in Japan and wanting English TV without paying an arm and a leg for it!!! Thank goodness Hulu Plus just came here, but even that, no airplay and the price is more than double the USA price for a third of the content, and forget recent stuff, I am talking about a few early seasons of old shows or current shows that have been on the air for years...and forget about Netflix so far.

Hell I wish I could pay for BBC here over the internet, but I cannot. But with MLB and NFL packages, Vettle, Plex and Hulu Plus it is better than nothing!

I do not get these TV and movie companies, there is such a huge market in Europe and Asia for TV and yet they cannot seem to find a way to tap into it.
Old Nov 9, 2011, 03:15 AM   #8
hafr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc11 View Post
Ha, how about an American living in Japan and wanting English TV without paying an arm and a leg for it!!! Thank goodness Hulu Plus just came here, but even that, no airplay and the price is more than double the USA price for a third of the content, and forget recent stuff, I am talking about a few early seasons of old shows or current shows that have been on the air for years...and forget about Netflix so far.

Hell I wish I could pay for BBC here over the internet, but I cannot. But with MLB and NFL packages, Vettle, Plex and Hulu Plus it is better than nothing!

I do not get these TV and movie companies, there is such a huge market in Europe and Asia for TV and yet they cannot seem to find a way to tap into it.
http://expatshield.com/

It's not live television, but at least you're able to watch UK channels' online offerings...
hafr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2011, 03:18 AM   #9
OllyW

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowwhite007 View Post

It's coming next year...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-15427840
OllyW is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2011, 05:05 AM   #10
marc11
macrumors 68000

Awesome, cheers. Looking forward to watching some BBC content, Brit humor is by far the best out there.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater