Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Old Nov 9, 2011, 02:57 AM   #1
docprego
macrumors 6502a

Has anyone modified the Smart Cover to prevent damage to your iPad 2?

I've read many complaints from people about how the Smart Cover damaged their iPad. I'd really like to use one but this possibility of damage has kept me from doing so thus far.

I'm not exactly sure why the Smart Cover is damaging iPads so I can't really come up with a plan of attack on my own to avoid this. Does anyone know definitively why this damage is occurring? Has anyone modified the Smart Cover in any way in order to completely avoid damage that it might have otherwise caused?
Old Nov 9, 2011, 07:29 AM   #2
HotRodGuy
macrumors regular

Try the zum sc ultimate cover. It locks the smart cover in place so it doesn't slide around or fall off where is most likely where the damage is coming from.
HotRodGuy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2011, 11:01 AM   #3
Mindy60
macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

The Bear Motion case locks the screen (a "smart cover") so not sure why anyone would want to use a smart cover if it damages iPads. You can find the Bear Motion case on Amazon for only $35.99 with free shipping. I got mine in 2 days.
Old Nov 9, 2011, 11:03 AM   #4
MrRon
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by docprego View Post
I've read many complaints from people about how the Smart Cover damaged their iPad. I'd really like to use one but this possibility of damage has kept me from doing so thus far.

I'm not exactly sure why the Smart Cover is damaging iPads so I can't really come up with a plan of attack on my own to avoid this. Does anyone know definitively why this damage is occurring? Has anyone modified the Smart Cover in any way in order to completely avoid damage that it might have otherwise caused?
I don't think you need to modify the smart cover. the main concern for the smart cover is the accidental detachment which most people don't aware. I would suggest you to use the zum sc case.

I have used the smart cover for 2 months, and it never left any scratch mark on my iPad.

One more thing, make sure you are using the REAL smart cover. Some of the fake smart covers (my friend had one) of course may scratch your iPad 2.
MrRon is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories