Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 5 and earlier

Old Nov 9, 2011, 09:53 AM   #1
Manzanas
macrumors member

Syncing 1 calendar across 2 iphones

I have a 4S, my wife will soon have one. We want to make it so anything we put on one iphone's calendar, will automatically appear on the other's iphone calendar as well.

Possible? Thanks!
Manzanas is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2011, 10:04 AM   #2
The DRis
macrumors 6502

Both of you create Apple ID's. The App Store and Music store will use one Apple ID for purchases so you can share.

Sign into iCloud using your Apple ID, check all the boxes that you want on your iPhone. Now add her iCloud account with her Apple ID but only turn the Calenders on.

Repeat on her iPhone but using her iCloud as primary, and your iCloud just checking the Calenders.

That way you will both have your own calenders, but you can see each others. Her appointments will be one color, yours another.
The DRis is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2011, 10:22 AM   #3
r2shyyou
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manzanas View Post
I have a 4S, my wife will soon have one. We want to make it so anything we put on one iphone's calendar, will automatically appear on the other's iphone calendar as well.

Possible? Thanks!

Here's how I would do it (though I'm guessing there are other ways):
  1. Log in to iCloud.com
  2. Go to the Calendar
  3. Make sure the multiple iCloud calendars are shown on the left hand side
  4. On that left hand side, click on "Edit"
  5. Then click on the "+" box that appears to the left
  6. Name the new calendar you're creating as desired (e.g. Shared)
  7. Then click on "Done"
  8. Then click on the "Share Calendar" button to the right of the calendar name
  9. Then enter in the iCloud email address of the person you want to share the calendar with
That should do it. Again, there may be other ways but this is the approach I would take.

Note that you can also share custom Reminders lists, which I do with my wife (we share a list named "Shopping").
Old Nov 10, 2011, 11:26 PM   #4
Manzanas
macrumors member

Nice. That's a good idea, that's probably a list that my wife and I would share as well.
Manzanas is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2011, 11:07 AM   #5
Morgan556
macrumors newbie

Hi.
I have this problem as well. How do you log onto iCloud from the iPhone?
Morgan556 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2012, 07:14 PM   #6
NerdCOP
macrumors newbie

I'm trying to get the calendars and notes from both my phone (4) and my wife's (4S) to sync up so that changes are made globally. I found this thread and it seems to more less address the issue.
My question is this: if I create my wife her own iCloud ID will her phone still download apps I purchase on iTunes using our Apple ID (which is also my iCloud ID)?
NerdCOP is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2012, 06:28 PM   #7
Arelunde
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan556 View Post
Hi.
I have this problem as well. How do you log onto iCloud from the iPhone?
A piece of Apple weirdness - you can't log into www.iCloud.com from an iDevice. You have to access it via a PC or Mac browser. However, you can access your Apple account from your iDevice - and that's likely where the options are.

I actuallly used all 8 of the possible color-coded calendars - each for a different type of event. For example: To Do, Family Events, Medical, Travel, Birthdays, etc. I set "To Do" (in the Calendar's own settings) as the default one, but you can select aany color/calendar when creating an event.

Not only does this add some color to the calendar, it also makes it easy to find things - just turn off all but the events you want to search (ex: birthdays) and they become very easy to identify. When done, put the checks back by all the calendars. Pretty cool!
Arelunde is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 5 and earlier