Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

elensil

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 1, 2002
Brooklyn, NY
I am puzzled at developers here. From what i heard there is no Mac support and its not even planned. Is it caused by rush to meet the deadlines, or just negligence. Mac community is a viable market for a game such as LOTR. Yes we are usually older the most young gamers, but we are generaly on a better financial standing, and better educated. (Thats not my opinion, just statistics) We are the ones who have read it when we were kids, we are the ones who would buy the collectors edition of DVD.
Decision to ignore Mac market is a result of poor marketing research. Another little thing. The level of software piracy among Mac owners is close to none. While none of my PC friends who consider themselves gamers ever bought a single title.

diorio

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2002
Thats kind of stupid, it seems to me that people that own Macs would be more apt to buy LOTR for their computers than PC users who typically play games like Diablo and other very violent games.

medea

macrumors 68030
Aug 4, 2002
Madison, Wi
ok, first off it is completely closed-minded to right off all pc users as being illiterate, there are plenty of dorks that read LOTR and use pc's too. yeah I'm surprised no one has picked up the rights to port this over to the mac yet, but we usually get games after they come out for the pc anyways. oh and umm, didnt you see the movie? since the game would be based on the scenes in the movie, the game would be just as violent. :confused:

[edit]no offence to the "dorks"[edit]

rugby

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2002
chicago
You're just now realizing this...?

I've had lots of great LOTR conversations at overclockers.com forums btw.

Originally posted by Over Achiever

Great, now I'm a dork...:rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.