Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

paulypants

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 17, 2003
Buffalo, NY
The old way no longer works. Cmd-I copy and paste, all I get is a generic ICNS Icon to copy and paste, there's got to be a way to change icons still just using the system -- I don't want to change all the folder icons, just a couple, please don't suggest candybar, I'm not paying for that so I can change a couple folder icons.

Anyone know how to copy and paste folder icons in Tiger?

paulypants

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 17, 2003
Buffalo, NY
Okay I see that some work and some don't, if there is an extension like .icns or .png it won't work, otherwise it will work the old way...

stridey

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2005
Massachusetts, Connecticut
paulypants said:
The old way no longer works. Cmd-I copy and paste, all I get is a generic ICNS Icon to copy and paste, there's got to be a way to change icons still just using the system -- I don't want to change all the folder icons, just a couple, please don't suggest candybar, I'm not paying for that so I can change a couple folder icons.

Anyone know how to copy and paste folder icons in Tiger?

As far as I see, the old method as you describe it continues to work. Get info, copy the icon, get info paste the icon. Are you clicking on the icon in the get info screen? It has to be highlighted.

CiBoys

macrumors regular
May 13, 2005
San Francisco
Shapeshifter

For me i continue use CandyBar and ShapeShifter which still works great with 10.4.1 The themes change everything except for the Spotlight icon on the Finder. As far as changing the icons Cmd+I still works too. :D

JzzTrump22

macrumors 65816
Apr 13, 2004
New York
lazyboy922 said:
Hmmm... I too used to do the copy and paste, but I just got tiger today, and it is not longer working. What's the deal?

It works fine, I just tried it. Just hold Apple-C to copy then Apple-V to paste in over the old icon, thats how i did it and it works everytime. Mabey try restarting your machines if it doesn't work on the first try.

lazyboy922

macrumors 6502
Dec 9, 2003
Las Vegas, NV
It's just not highlighting in the info tab so I can select it and copy it. I click on it, and it used to highlight in panther. It doens't do anything now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.