Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Original poster
Mar 2, 2002
Replace the gray Apple logo with something else of your choice. You can even make an imitation of the Happy Mac icon in place of the Apple Logo!

Requires Mac OS X 10.2

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macos/16359

Product Description:
In Mac OS X 10.2 Jaguar, the familiar happy mac image was replaced with a grey apple on a grey background. This program allows you to replace the boot image with an icon or image of your choice. You can also modify the background of the boot image.

Hemingray

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2002
Ha ha haaa!
Nice. I think I may change mine to a Sad Mac. :D

Too bad we can't change the startup sound too, I miss the Hawaiian Death Chimes. :p

idkew

macrumors 68020
here's mine. simple and classy, my initials.

except i did it the hard way, by manually editing my bootx file in hex.

Attachments

• bootimage.gif
    bootimage.gif
    1.8 KB · Views: 968

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
It's kool, I like it, yet more personalization you can do to your Mac :D here's mine...

Attachments

• bootimageedesign.gif
    bootimageedesign.gif
    3.4 KB · Views: 989

scem0

macrumors 604
Jul 16, 2002
back in NYC!
Mine is a little picture of myself (not the one in my avatar, but it is kinda like it :D) and my mom always comments on how it looks like I have been 'sucked into the computer' whenever she turns it on. :D

cb911

macrumors 601
Mar 12, 2002
BrisVegas, Australia
i've got Start-up Syringe, which does the same thing, but i'll have a look at this, might be easier.

just another thing i was wondering, is there a max amount of colours you can use with MacBoot? anyone know?

ahunter3

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2003
Hello! Newbie to this forum, first post.

I'm on a WallStreet with 10.2.8 and have not had any luck with this hack. (same tweak worked fine on a G4 tower when I did it 6 months ago. That was under 10.2.6 or earlier of course) Tried MacBoot, the Syringe AppleScript, and the original Ryan Schmidt instructions with HexEdit to no avail. I still get the plain ugly grey Apple silhouette.

Anyone been through this and found a work-around?

idkew

macrumors 68020
Originally posted by ahunter3
Hello! Newbie to this forum, first post.

I'm on a WallStreet with 10.2.8 and have not had any luck with this hack. (same tweak worked fine on a G4 tower when I did it 6 months ago. That was under 10.2.6 or earlier of course) Tried MacBoot, the Syringe AppleScript, and the original Ryan Schmidt instructions with HexEdit to no avail. I still get the plain ugly grey Apple silhouette.

Anyone been through this and found a work-around?

dude, this is a year old thread. nice job diggin it out of the closet.

ahunter3

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2003
Is it bad form to resurrect old threads? Should I have started a new one with a link to the old instead?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.