|Nov 12, 2011, 01:59 PM||#1|
Simple Guide to network Windows 7 PC with iMac running OSX
My iMac is running OS X 10.5.8 in the kitchen. I have a Windows 7 PC in my office. Both are connected to ethernet in my new house. I have a local printer connected to the PC.
I searched on here for basic guide to setting up network between PC and Mac and could not find it. All I really want to do is share files between machines and print from my Mac to the printer connected to the PC. Can anyone help?
|Nov 13, 2011, 08:39 AM||#2|
1. In Windows 7 Control Panel
2. Select "Programs and Features" pane
3. Click "Turn Windows Features on or off"
4. Turn on the LPD protocol.
5. Ensure printer(s) are shared
On the Mac
1. Start Applications/Utilities/Printer Setup Utility
2. Hold down the "Option" key and click the "More Printers" button
3. From the top menu select "Advanced"
4. From the "Device:" field select "LPD/LPR Host or Printer"
5. In the "Device URL:" lpd://PCName/PrinterShareName
6. Click the "Add" button
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Is anyone running OSX Mavericks on a 2007 iMac?||MartinAppleGuy||iMac||30||Today 12:56 AM|
|What Mac Mini model running OSX server would suit home network?||appleforumchris||Mac mini||20||Apr 17, 2014 08:57 AM|
|Haswell MBA: Will OSX slow down a lot when running a Windows 8 virtual machine?||jfremani||MacBook Air||8||Sep 29, 2013 02:23 PM|
|Windows 7 Modded to look like a Mac running OSX 10.3 Panther||AppleDeviceUser||PowerPC Macs||20||Jan 11, 2013 04:27 AM|
|Running Windows XP on iMac, also utilizing Windows 2000 Word?||MacLady54||Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac||1||Jun 29, 2012 10:00 PM|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:06 AM.