Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Nov 12, 2011, 04:16 PM   #1
Qemre
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Cracked Nano Screen

I got my new ipod nano a week ago. It fell from just 20 cm's high and now i have a crack on the screen. I didn't know that an apple product could be like that since basically i have them all. So my question is does the 1 year insurance covers this kind of situation? I mean it was just 20 cm's. I am really pissed and a help answer or any kind of morale could really help. Thanks in advance.
Qemre is offline   -1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2011, 04:24 PM   #2
wrinkster22
macrumors 68030
 
wrinkster22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qemre View Post
I got my new ipod nano a week ago. It fell from just 20 cm's high and now i have a crack on the screen. I didn't know that an apple product could be like that since basically i have them all. So my question is does the 1 year insurance covers this kind of situation? I mean it was just 20 cm's. I am really pissed and a help answer or any kind of morale could really help. Thanks in advance.
Applecare does not cover accidental damage only hardware defects. It is worth a shot to go to apple- you always hear people on this forum (including) me bringing in something we expected to pay for a replacement when they swap it out for free. I suggest you get a case.
__________________
macbook air 2011 ultimate, iPhone 5 16gb rogers, iPad mini retina 32gb, iPod shuffle product red (newest)
wrinkster22 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2011, 04:55 PM   #3
Qemre
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrinkster22 View Post
Applecare does not cover accidental damage only hardware defects. It is worth a shot to go to apple- you always hear people on this forum (including) me bringing in something we expected to pay for a replacement when they swap it out for free. I suggest you get a case.
Thanks for reply. I think cracking from 20 cm must be a hardware defect. I mean nano is not a second class mp3 player. I would expect that if it was for 20 dollars. I think you understand..
Qemre is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2011, 06:35 PM   #4
Thetonyk123
macrumors 68000
 
Thetonyk123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Nowhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qemre View Post
Thanks for reply. I think cracking from 20 cm must be a hardware defect. I mean nano is not a second class mp3 player. I would expect that if it was for 20 dollars. I think you understand..
Agreed because I had a Creative Zen before my ipod and it broke within a year and I didn't even drop or anything to it.

Waste of my $100.
__________________
Some Apple stuff
How you send feedback to apple: http://www.apple.com/feedback/
-Credit to iSayuSay for Avatar.
Thetonyk123 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cracked 5s Screen rallymonkey15 iPhone 32 Apr 15, 2014 10:01 PM
Cracked screen ebs530 iPhone 6 Jun 18, 2013 10:13 AM
Cracked screen...help sbkid925 MacBook 3 May 29, 2013 01:18 AM
My screen is cracked Dominicanyor iPhone 27 Apr 16, 2013 03:14 AM
Cracked screen :-/ timiscute iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting 6 Mar 16, 2013 08:02 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:49 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC