Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Nov 14, 2011, 02:27 PM   #1
fjs08
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
iPhone shows Apple ID incorrectly

Not sure how to obviate this issue.
I had this totally changed so that the correct Apple ID and password were uniform between my Mac, iPad and iPhone.

Today when I tried to add an app on my iPhone, my Mobile Me address appeared as my Apple ID, which it is not. I checked my iPad and iCloud account on my Mac, and both have the correct Apple Id.

How can I correct this situation on my iPhone????

Thx.

Frank
fjs08 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2011, 02:28 PM   #2
r2shyyou
macrumors 68000
 
r2shyyou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Paris, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjs08 View Post
Not sure how to obviate this issue.
I had this totally changed so that the correct Apple ID and password were uniform between my Mac, iPad and iPhone.

Today when I tried to add an app on my iPhone, my Mobile Me address appeared as my Apple ID, which it is not. I checked my iPad and iCloud account on my Mac, and both have the correct Apple Id.

How can I correct this situation on my iPhone????

Thx.

Frank
Go to Settings>Store and scroll to the bottom and tap on your Apple ID and change it from there.
__________________
"kkkkkkkk ....ok" - iphone4s16gb
r2shyyou is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2011, 02:34 PM   #3
fjs08
Thread Starter
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Thx for the quick response.

That gives me the option of
View Apple Id
Sign Out
iForgot
Cancel.

Can't seem to change it?? Or will iForgot lead to that path?
Thx again.
Frank
fjs08 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2011, 02:35 PM   #4
r2shyyou
macrumors 68000
 
r2shyyou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Paris, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjs08 View Post
Thx for the quick response.

That gives me the option of
View Apple Id
Sign Out
iForgot
Cancel.

Can't seem to change it?? Or will iForgot lead to that path?
Thx again.
Frank
Tap on "Sign Out" and then you should have the option to sign in with the correct/desired Apple ID.
__________________
"kkkkkkkk ....ok" - iphone4s16gb
r2shyyou is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2011, 02:39 PM   #5
fjs08
Thread Starter
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
>>Tap on "Sign Out" and then you should have the option to sign in with the correct/desired Apple ID.<<

Ta Daaaaa!! Worked.. thanks.

Do I dare ask WHY it changed from my current Apple ID to my Mobile Me ID??

Thx.

Frank
fjs08 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2011, 02:45 PM   #6
r2shyyou
macrumors 68000
 
r2shyyou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Paris, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjs08 View Post
>>Tap on "Sign Out" and then you should have the option to sign in with the correct/desired Apple ID.<<

Ta Daaaaa!! Worked.. thanks.

Do I dare ask WHY it changed from my current Apple ID to my Mobile Me ID??

Thx.

Frank
Cool, glad it worked. Unfortunately, I can't say definitively why or how it changed as that's never happened to me but my best guess would be that it happened during a sync where the computer it was being sync'd to was signed in to the MobileMe ID. Could be wrong though.
__________________
"kkkkkkkk ....ok" - iphone4s16gb
r2shyyou is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2011, 02:48 PM   #7
fjs08
Thread Starter
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
>>I can't say definitively......<<

Thx. Have to say that the transition to the iCloud, Apple Id Verification on the App Store, etc, has been tough.

Son in Law has an iPad2 and he had issues this weekend updating his.. as did another friend of mine.

Frank
fjs08 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
iPhone 4s Starts, Shows Apple, Display Goes Black But Phone Runs And Shows In iTunes audiogroove iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting 0 Aug 6, 2013 06:38 AM
Leaked memo shows 250K have pre-registered for T-Mobile's Apple iPhone 5 DipDog3 iPhone 13 Apr 11, 2013 08:48 PM
Resolved: Is Apple installing the stock RAM incorrectly? Answer NO seanm9 iMac 10 Feb 24, 2013 07:12 PM
iPhone will not turn on! Shows Apple logo then fades out? nugget77 iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting 1 Feb 10, 2013 03:02 PM
Storyboard project displays incorrectly on iPhone 5 Danneman101 iPhone/iPad Programming 4 Oct 9, 2012 10:37 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:38 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC