Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > New Mac Application Announcements

Old Oct 12, 2002, 10:30 AM   #1
irmongoose
macrumors 68030

Audio Hijack

This neat little app lets you record audio from ANY OS X app... pretty neat, and comes in handy when you want to record your favorite quote from a DVD, or record an audio stream...

It also includes options to add equalizers to each app, and make one app's volume go over all the others... very nice, and in my opinion, a must have.

Quote:
The following is just a brief list of what Audio Hijack can be used for:

* Add an Equalizer to Apple's DVD Player, RealOne Player, Windows Media Player, and any other application to create the perfect movie watching environment.
* Tweak even those low quality Real and Windows Media audio files to perfection with your own combination of our DSP plugins.
* Increase the volume of one application, such as your music player, above all your other applications via the Double Gain plugin.
* Turn on the Reverb and Echo effects, creating a live sound to make your favorite artists sing just for you! Barry White is practically in your bedroom.
* Use the Flanger effect to turn your audio into abstract swooping soundscapes.
* Sing along to your favorite music videos using the Karaoke plugin!
* Add bass to your game sounds for a life-like rumble. Feel your enemies approaching from behind in Quake!
* Add professional VST (Virtual Studio Technology) effects to your audio with our VST hub
* Much, MUCH more

Get it here. It's has a 15-day trial. Enjoy

irmongoose

Last edited by irmongoose; Oct 12, 2002 at 10:33 AM.
irmongoose is offline   0
Old Oct 13, 2002, 04:52 AM   #2
springscansing
Banned

Unhappy Not nearly as good under X

It worked great in OS 9 as a macamp plugin. However in X, it does NOT work in every application. The first one I tested it on (Reason) it is totally imcompatible with. Grr. And yes, I'm an audio engineer, I know what I'm doing. :-)
springscansing is offline   0
Old Oct 13, 2002, 05:48 AM   #3
irmongoose
macrumors 68030

Re: Not nearly as good under X

Quote:
Originally posted by springscansing
It worked great in OS 9 as a macamp plugin. However in X, it does NOT work in every application. The first one I tested it on (Reason) it is totally imcompatible with. Grr. And yes, I'm an audio engineer, I know what I'm doing. :-)
Hmm.. weird, worked for me with all the apps I tried....

irmongoose
Old Oct 13, 2002, 02:38 PM   #4
springscansing
Banned

It has been confirmed to not work with Reason.
springscansing is offline   0
Old Nov 6, 2002, 07:33 AM   #5
cb911
macrumors 601

Send a message via ICQ to cb911 Send a message via AIM to cb911
sounds just what i've been looking for. maybe now i can finally record the Messiah theme music from VPC...
Old Dec 14, 2002, 02:24 PM   #6
SkippyDip
macrumors newbie

Audio Hijack 2

Looks like Audio Hijack 2 will support Reason! Even better though, they've confirmed MP3 encoding in version 2. I can't wait! I love this app.

Check out http://www.rogueamoeba.com/audiohijack/faq.php
SkippyDip is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > New Mac Application Announcements