Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Norcalchavo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 17, 2007
Santa Clara, California
screenshot20111114at104.png

I'm having trouble getting past Step 1. It freezes and won't proceed to step 2.
I have disabled iTunes Match and updated my Genius and re enabled iTunes Match, deauthorized and authorized with no success. Anyone else having this problem? :(

korecki

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2011
iTunes match stuck on step 1

I have the same issue. The last time it worked for me was beta 1. I loved it while I had it. Now with every new release I am waiting for a reason/fix. I sent a bug report in during the beta, but as usual go no response...and no fix.

zedthedeadpoet

macrumors newbie
Apr 2, 2010
Stuck on Step 1 (another part though...)

The status bar in step one has finished - but i'm now stuck with the message that it is "waiting for apple to deliver your itunes match results."

Its been in that step for 7 hours now....

----------

I was reluctant to hit stop considering how many hours the first step took - but i took the plunge - hit stop - then start - and now i'm quickly into step two....

Norcalchavo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 17, 2007
Santa Clara, California
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I tested on a Windows 7 and everything worked flawlessly.

Last edited:

Norcalchavo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 17, 2007
Santa Clara, California
I tried deleting iTunes and re installing it but it still gives me the same problem. Any one have any suggestions? I really want to try out this service on my Mac

Last edited:

CollierPress

macrumors newbie
Mar 23, 2011
Seattle
iTunes Match Stuck on Step 1 for 28 Hours

:apple:Things I have tried:
1. Restart Computer
2. Restart iTunes
3. Reinstall iTunes 10.5.1
4. Turn on and off WIFI
5. Click Stop and Start (x50)
6. Reset Safari and Emptied Cookies
7. Waited overnight and then again while I was at work (18 hours total) and nothing changed.
8. Turn off iTunes Match, Turn Off Genius, Turn on Genius, Update Genius, then start iTunes Match Again...nothing works

WHAT IS GOING ON????????????? I'd rather get stuck on step 2 or 3, but this is not going anywhere and it is not even doing anything...:mad:

korecki

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2011
iTunes match stuck on step 1

I have continued trying everything I could over the last 24 hours and I am still stuck. I traced the process and kept seeing the same some come up so I removed that song from my library to no avail. Reinstalled to no avail. I bought my wife and daughter 8gb iPhones because I was so impressed with the space itunes match saved on the phones. Now I cannot get to my library on the phones, apple tv, ipad or anything...

wgary

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2007
Same problem here. The progress bar for Step 1 is full... and it just sits there. Doesn't move on to the next step.

It did work the first time I turned on iTunes Match, but now it won't update any further.

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003
Same here, anyone stuck on step 1 figure out a way to get past that?

Anyone tried to contact Apple tech support? This is a paid product.

ray-ochoa

macrumors newbie
May 8, 2011
What you have to do is rename your iTunes library in your music folder, and start your library over if it's over 10GB and import in chunks of about 200 songs until you have all your music back from your renamed iTunes folder.

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003
Not gonna happen, I shouldn't have to spend hours working around an Apple problem and I'm not willing to risk screwing up my library.

Any fixes that aren't as draconian?

Norcalchavo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 17, 2007
Santa Clara, California
What you have to do is rename your iTunes library in your music folder, and start your library over if it's over 10GB and import in chunks of about 200 songs until you have all your music back from your renamed iTunes folder.

That could be part of the problem. My library is about 90 GB's and what I did was remove the music from iTunes and from the original folder, then move it back to the Music folder and to iTunes and that solved my problem. I did lose my library information and my playlist doing this process though.

ray-ochoa

macrumors newbie
May 8, 2011
It just depends wether you want it NOW or not.. I mean you DID pay for it and every day u don't use it it's wasted money since its subscription based

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
mines been stuck on step 3 uploading song 993 of 1606 for like half an hour and i have a 100mbit connection :mad:

korecki

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2011
stuck on step 1

I finally got this working with the hints from this forum. Here is what I did. I have 28GB of music which is roughly 5000 songs.

I turned off itunes match
I made a copy of my Music folder then went to itunes, did a select all and deleted all music. I turned on itunes match and it finished quickly and said I have 1000 songs available (these are those I paid for from itunes).

I then started dragging the artist folders from the backup music folder to itunes and let it index and rebuild them. I did about 10 artists then updated itunes match. it worked fine and uploaded about 60 more songs to itunes. I then started increasing what i added to itunes until all 5000 songs were back. Now it is finally processing and uploading in itunes match.

geesh this was a paid to have, but easy to fix.
I just wanted all of you to know what works.:)

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003
It just depends wether you want it NOW or not.. I mean you DID pay for it and every day u don't use it it's wasted money since its subscription based

To be honest if it's not working soon I'm going to ask Apple for an extension, to give me a year from when it started matching. But at this point I'm close to just giving up and asking for a refund. A solution that loses all my playlists is not an option for me.

I still haven't had any luck with it working but I'm going to try a different possibility. I'm going to take a bunch of the music and switch the type to Audiobook so Match ignores it, then try it with a much smaller number of songs. The audiobook trick already works for getting libraries under 25k so hopefully will also work for this. Assuming that works it should be easy to add more stuff back. Hopefully this should work the same way as creating a new library or deleting and putting back, but with the advantage of preserving playlists, ratings, and play counts (not keeping those is an absolute dealbreaker for me).

gregofla

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2011
Why don't you export your playlists, then redo your library and import the playlists back?

To be honest if it's not working soon I'm going to ask Apple for an extension, to give me a year from when it started matching. But at this point I'm close to just giving up and asking for a refund. A solution that loses all my playlists is not an option for me.

I still haven't had any luck with it working but I'm going to try a different possibility. I'm going to take a bunch of the music and switch the type to Audiobook so Match ignores it, then try it with a much smaller number of songs. The audiobook trick already works for getting libraries under 25k so hopefully will also work for this. Assuming that works it should be easy to add more stuff back. Hopefully this should work the same way as creating a new library or deleting and putting back, but with the advantage of preserving playlists, ratings, and play counts (not keeping those is an absolute dealbreaker for me).

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003
Why don't you export your playlists, then redo your library and import the playlists back?

There's an idea. Would that preserve ratings?

Right now I'm trying this, looks like it kept ratings, playlists, playcounts. Many smart playlists are broken due to references to other playlists but that's not as big a deal as many other issues. It's still cooking so I don't know if it will get me past step 1 yet. And I kept a copy of my previous library file in case I need to revert, but looks pretty good so far.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1451

gregofla

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2011
I hope it works out for you.

There's an idea. Would that preserve ratings?

Right now I'm trying this, looks like it kept ratings, playlists, playcounts. Many smart playlists are broken due to references to other playlists but that's not as big a deal as many other issues. It's still cooking so I don't know if it will get me past step 1 yet. And I kept a copy of my previous library file in case I need to revert, but looks pretty good so far.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1451

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003
So I rebuilt my library from the link above (which thankfully preserved all playlists, ratings and play counts), and then it got stuck on step 1 again.

After that instead of just starting Match up, I right clicked one song to select "add to iCloud" and it DID work. Fairly quick scan then matched that one song (and included all purchases). Since then I've been adding a few at a time with often slow (including some ridiculously slow uploads, like an hour for a single 3 meg song) but generally decent matching results so far.

I had tried the right click before with no luck, not sure if rebuilding my library made any difference or if that's just coincidence. But definitely try adding a single song (or a small group), might work for some people.

scfres46

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2011
Long Island NY
iTunes Match Stuck On Step 1 Solution

Move the "SC Info" folder (found at /Users/Shared/SC Info) to the trash, restart OS X Lion and iTunes Match should work properly again. Hope this helps!

I'm having trouble getting past Step 1. It freezes and won't proceed to step 2.
I have disabled iTunes Match and updated my Genius and re enabled iTunes Match, deauthorized and authorized with no success. Anyone else having this problem? :(

Norcalchavo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 17, 2007
Santa Clara, California
Move the "SC Info" folder (found at /Users/Shared/SC Info) to the trash, restart OS X Lion and iTunes Match should work properly again. Hope this helps!

Thank you!
wish I would of known this earlier. I ended up removing my music from itunes and re adding everything back to iTunes. This solved the problem for me.

AndrewWoodward

macrumors newbie
Nov 24, 2011
Thank you!
wish I would of known this earlier. I ended up removing my music from itunes and re adding everything back to iTunes. This solved the problem for me.

Hi, I can't find SC Info in my users folder.

All I have is Library in this folder. Help! Thanks, Andrew

UPDATE

I actually found it. The file is hidden. I user Houdini to show it.

UPDATE 2

This didn't solve the problem

Last edited:

KrissieMarie

macrumors newbie
May 23, 2011
Fix for iTunes Step 1

I was able to fix this by dragging all the songs with a "dashed cloud" to a folder on my desktop and then DELETE those songs from my iTunes library. I added them back to the library and then ctrl+click on each song to Add to iCloud. The "dashed cloud" changed to a cloud with a diagonal line through it or none at all (depending on the nature of the song.) Almost all of these were songs I had purchased off the iTunes store and were no longer on the iTunes store, or were on the iTunes so I'm still emailing Apple to find the verdict on those. Once added back to my iTunes library, I went to Store > Update iTunes Match and processed through all steps. FIXED!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.