Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Nov 15, 2011, 09:52 AM   #1
AaronB21
macrumors newbie

iPad 2 not mirroring with Apple TV 2 anymore

I have Apple TV 2 and iPad 2. Before the iOS5 update, I had the iPad 2 able to be mirrored. Both items have the most recent software upgrades. I had the silly problem before that it wasn't working, and it turned out that after putting an upper case letter in my iTunes password, it started working. Everything was working fine. Then I did the new iOS update for bother the iPad and AT2. Now i don't get the little icon that lets me use my iPad on the AT2. I tried full restore and all the resets on the AT2 and it doesn't do anything. I do have every other kind of access via the internet, so the internet is working.
AaronB21 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2011, 10:55 AM   #2
whooleytoo
macrumors 603

Send a message via AIM to whooleytoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronB21 View Post
I have Apple TV 2 and iPad 2. Before the iOS5 update, I had the iPad 2 able to be mirrored. Both items have the most recent software upgrades. I had the silly problem before that it wasn't working, and it turned out that after putting an upper case letter in my iTunes password, it started working. Everything was working fine. Then I did the new iOS update for bother the iPad and AT2. Now i don't get the little icon that lets me use my iPad on the AT2. I tried full restore and all the resets on the AT2 and it doesn't do anything. I do have every other kind of access via the internet, so the internet is working.
Sorry if it's a stupid question, but have you turned on Airplay on both? I know you have to on the ATV, I can't recall if there's a preference setting on the iPad that needs to be turned on.
Old Nov 15, 2011, 01:00 PM   #3
AaronB21
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by whooleytoo View Post
Sorry if it's a stupid question, but have you turned on Airplay on both? I know you have to on the ATV, I can't recall if there's a preference setting on the iPad that needs to be turned on.
Everything looks right. I didn't change anything from when it was working before.
AaronB21 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater