Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ahan.tm

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 26, 2011
Florida
Hi,

I have an array and I need to find if 2 records are the same. I have this code so far, but it cannot tell me at which index number they are the same.

Code:
Code:
marbelesreached = NO;
    for(int i=0; i< [records count] ; i++){
        if ([[[records objectAtIndex: i] valueForKey: @"marbles"] intValue] == [[[records objectAtIndex: i]valueForKey:@"marblesneeded"] intValue]) {
            marbelesreached = YES;
            break;
        }
    }

What is the code to find out which index number is equal.

Thanks

North Bronson

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2007
San José
What version of the OS are you supporting? Before you start doing this work with for-loops, try looking through the block-based enumerators. Do you see how a method like indexOfObjectPassingTest: might give you the functionality that you need?

Also, is there a reason that you need to use valueForKey: instead of a custom accessor method? Are you using custom objects?

ahan.tm

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 26, 2011
Florida
Okay, i figured it Out:

Here is the code:

Code:
for(int i=0; i< [records count] ; i++){
        if ([[[records objectAtIndex: i] valueForKey: @"marbles"] intValue] == [[[records objectAtIndex: i]valueForKey:@"marblesneeded"] intValue] && [[[records objectAtIndex: i]valueForKey:@"marblesneeded"] intValue]!= 0) {
            [[records objectAtIndex:i] valueForKey: @"prizereached"] = YES;
        }
    }

This might change if something else changes:)

Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.