Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services

Old Nov 16, 2011, 11:23 AM   #1
Xavio
macrumors newbie

Can't log into iCloud prefpane, wrong pass. All other services works fine.

I tried to access my iCloud settings prefpane just to check some settings, but it just wouldn't accept my password. I changed it last week, so it was quite fresh in my head. Somehow i thought changing it again would help, but nope. It didn't.

Then I called the Apple Support and we created a new user on my Mac. This user can access the prefpane.
So it's my user stuck with the problem.

So all in all.

OS X 10.7.2, no new updates.

I can't access the iCloud settings in Preferences from the primary user account on my Mac.

I Can access my account on apple.com.
I Can access iCloud.com.
I Can access my account details in iTunes.
My iPhone accepts my password in the iCloud settings and everythings fine.

Anyone heard of this before?
Xavio is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2011, 04:24 PM   #2
IlyaKamens
macrumors newbie

I have the same problem

I can log in:

on www.icloud.com,
on my iPhone, and
on my iPad.

I can log in anywhere except in the System Preferences iCloud pane. Very bizarre and frustrating. When I try to log in via System Preferences, it either says that my password is incorrect or it just verifies my password for a seemingly infinite amount of time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
IlyaKamens is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2011, 05:30 PM   #3
wordsmith27
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlyaKamens View Post
I can log in:

on www.icloud.com,
on my iPhone, and
on my iPad.

I can log in anywhere except in the System Preferences iCloud pane. Very bizarre and frustrating. When I try to log in via System Preferences, it either says that my password is incorrect or it just verifies my password for a seemingly infinite amount of time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I'm having the exact same issue
wordsmith27 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2011, 08:54 PM   #4
WhoDaKat
macrumors regular

Sign me up...

I've got the same issue as well.
WhoDaKat is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2011, 03:55 PM   #5
cullenmk
macrumors newbie

Same exact issue here. Anybody have any luck in resolving it?
cullenmk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2011, 05:09 PM   #6
cullenmk
macrumors newbie

Hey all, I was able to resolve this issue by deleting the contents of user/Library/Application Support/iCloud/Accounts/

Hope this helps.
cullenmk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2012, 09:07 AM   #7
cromaducale
macrumors newbie

Solved!

i got same problem. Cleaning Library prefs don't works for me. after mumbling i tried to switch off little snitch, and it... works! iCloud pref panel need answers to his calls at icloud servers. if they don't arrives the panel don't allow you to access.
so... switch off your firewalls, net filters etc. log in, yhen you can switch on again filters.
cromaducale is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2012, 10:30 AM   #8
Sabbac
macrumors newbie

Not solved... :(

I have the same issue, when I login to iCloud in the system preferences, It just spins, never connecting. I deleted the files listed, and it's not a firewall issue. I can log into the website and from my iPhone and iPod. Any ideas?
Sabbac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2012, 02:31 PM   #9
Phredd
macrumors newbie

iCloud Log-in problem through System Prefs

I had the same problem, tried deleting system preferences plist, mail preferences, re-installed Lion, etc., finally through a combination of MacRumors, MacWorld and Apple Support forums, and a call to Apple support found deleting the "Accounts" folder worked.

Users>username>Library>Application Support>iCloud>Accounts

Then restarting, solved everything didn't even have to sign in to System Preferences.
Phredd is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2012, 04:21 PM   #10
MaartenS
macrumors newbie

I don,t have a iCloud Accounts folder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phredd View Post
I had the same problem, tried deleting system preferences plist, mail preferences, re-installed Lion, etc., finally through a combination of MacRumors, MacWorld and Apple Support forums, and a call to Apple support found deleting the "Accounts" folder worked.

Users>username>Library>Application Support>iCloud>Accounts

Then restarting, solved everything didn't even have to sign in to System Preferences.
I don't have this folder (not even hidden). I also can't login to the mail through the iCloud website. I'm able to login on iCloud, but when I click the mail button I doesn't work. Help!
MaartenS is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2012, 05:42 PM   #11
Transeau
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to Transeau
Here is your fix...

I've had this problem several times in the last year, after having it escalated several times, Apple's iCould techs have a solution... The problem is with the "Apple Token" that is used with the IMAP server. Here is the solution.

1) come up with TWO new passwords, make sure you meet the requirements. (8 characters long, at least 1 number, at least one capitol, no repeating letters) - You *WILL* need one, you *MAY* need two.

2) Log in to manage your Apple ID and change your password - https://appleid.apple.com/cgi-bin/We...MyAppleId.woa/

3) Check and see if that worked. Some accounts will be fixed now. Others may need a call to Apple, if so, continue.

4) Call Apple Support, Get a Tier-2 iCloud Support Tech. Tell them you need the account put into "Troubleshooting Mode" and the password reset. They will verify your security question as well as your billing address.

5) Reset your password with the email the tech sent you to an alternate address.

Many will be fixed by step 3. I was able to fix 2 of my accounts like that, 3 of them had to be fixed by Apple's reset.

It appears that the "Apple Token" gets corrupted and they have no way to regenerate the token without a password reset.

Hope this works for you all.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services

Tags
icloud, icloud account, lion, preferences