Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers

Old May 19, 2005, 08:35 PM   #1
DickArmAndHarT
macrumors 6502

Apple gives me no Satisfaction

What a long stange trip its been, And its not Over

My Powerbook has traveled more than me. To California back 6 times so far and has no plans of giving up yet.

First Expericence with Apple Care- Powerbook latch consitently popped up. Boxed it up sent it out. Came back without replacing the latch but instead was just tweaked.

Second Trip- Strange colored lines in the display, cable from logic board to screen replaced. (Apple Care told me he suspected logic board problems and that it was replaced)

Third Trip-(loads of problems) 1) Latch popping up randomly,
2) Spots all over the display (not brusing) light areas around the edges.
3) Screws in the display stripped out, scratching the hell out of the rear of the comp.
4) When the battery was is down to zero and the machine shuts off, when the power cord is plugged in, it doesnt wake from sleep for 10 minutes.

I called apple care on Sunday, was firm and explained all my problems, asking towards the end to be reassured that all problems would be fixed that can be and it would that all machines are tested so that problems are fixed before they are shipped out.

Sent it out Monday-Recieved it back on wedsday. (Very pleased although i was hoping for a replacement machine)
Apple replaced the display, and the inside casing around it. (Screws were stripped) Replaced trackpad, logicboard, and top casing (grill)
New display looked great and i was very happy with the quick service.
Thursday- I run the battery to zero and then plug it in, machine doesnt automatically boot up, ten minutes later i hit enter and as normal, machine wakes.

Im considering to call apple head quaters and asking for Steve (lmao) "This is Richard Hart thats who, now let me talk to Steve"
But i would see how far i can get, up the ladder, and get some satisfaction. I have heard of people with minor problems getting free things from apple. (in ear head phones) ect.
So these problems are ridiculous and this computer never travels farther than the couch to a desk.
How should i treat this problem? I think i often get treated like garbage from apple care being 14 with a squeaking voice. This whole situacion is so upsetting after working half a year for this top of the lin computer.

Should i demand a replacement and superdrive perhaps. I dont want anythign more than what i have, but then again, i think i deserve it, Total apple has caused me about a month of use that i have been without a computer to use and downtime with projects i work on kills me.

Any suggestions, Advice (what i would do's)

Thanks
Richard Hart
DickArmAndHarT is offline   0
Old May 19, 2005, 08:46 PM   #2
James Philp

Just to say:
My in-ear phones were because i got the Shuffle like 2 weeks late, because the courier sent it to the wrong person - and my 2 previous in-ear phones were broken.
Not heard of getting anything for free in terms of replacements/fixes
Good luck with it If I were you I'd get a bit angry and say: "I've sent it back to you 3 times now, and it's still playing up. I have no confidence in this machine now and would just like a replacement. This has caused me so many problems as I'm really busy and need a working machine!"
Of course a new machine MAY be just another pandora's box!
James Philp is offline   0
Old May 19, 2005, 08:56 PM   #3
DickArmAndHarT
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Philp
Just to say:
My in-ear phones were because i got the Shuffle like 2 weeks late, because the courier sent it to the wrong person - and my 2 previous in-ear phones were broken.
Not heard of getting anything for free in terms of replacements/fixes
Good luck with it If I were you I'd get a bit angry and say: "I've sent it back to you 3 times now, and it's still playing up. I have no confidence in this machine now and would just like a replacement. This has caused me so many problems as I'm really busy and need a working machine!"
Of course a new machine MAY be just another pandora's box!
Yes, but a new replacemtn would be a 1.5 ghz with updated everything.

I also have 2 pairs of in-ear head phones. One broken with only one ear piece playing regualr sound levels and the other so faint u can hardly hear it.
Old May 19, 2005, 09:31 PM   #4
DickArmAndHarT
macrumors 6502

anyone?
Old May 19, 2005, 10:11 PM   #5
After G
macrumors 68000

Send a message via AIM to After G Send a message via Yahoo to After G
Be nice to whoever is helping you, and make sure you emphasize how much trouble that the laptop has been for you, and that you don't want to get it back and see another problem. I think that on average, it takes 3-4 repairs minimum before Apple will replace something. You may luck out on this one.
After G is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers