Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers

Old May 19, 2005, 09:44 PM   #1
TheMasin9
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to TheMasin9
xbox 360 specs

ne one else think the xbox specs are a little bogus, i mean a triple core 3.2ghz G5 cpu!!!! that is faster and more powerful than anything that is avaliable on the consumer now. this thing is going to have to cost sooo mucn money, not to mention the graphics processors power as well. The case that we have seen the 360 in is way to small to handle the kind of heat that these two processers would put out. Plus with these components, how can microsoft offer this product to consumers for anything less than $1000-1500.????!?!?
TheMasin9 is offline   0
Old May 19, 2005, 10:11 PM   #2
stevey500
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to stevey500 Send a message via MSN to stevey500
Its not exactly a G5... its simular, its a PowerPC IBM chip just like apple uses, but not exact. It uses liquid cooling similar to the G5... but ... well you should see this for yourself, http://anandtech.com/tradeshows/showdoc.aspx?i=2420&p=5 Microsoft is up to something.

The 360 is suposably going to be sold for around $400-450
Now lets install os x on it and solder some pci slots on there

i have my xbox modded right now, wonder if they will make evolution X dashboard for the 360 powerPC instead of the ol' x86 language
Old May 20, 2005, 09:48 AM   #3
TheMasin9
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to TheMasin9
but still, how can ibm be supplying microsoft of all people with this powerful of a processor before its longtime partner apple. and i still dont understand how a gaming console can have a more powerful processor than any computer available now!
TheMasin9 is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers