Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
I setup WiFi Sync for my iPad and my iPhone, it was working fine on both, but now it doesn't work on my iPhone anymore. When I disconnect the usb from the phone, it goes away in iTunes. I'm not sure what I might be doing wrong, I have WiFi Sync checked in iTunes. Everything seems to be the same on my iPad and my iPhone, but only the iPad is working. Any ideas on what I should try? I have the latest version of iTunes, but am still on 5.0 on the iPhone and the iPad.

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
Another random silly idea - have you verified that wifi is on? I was puzzled at no wifi sync a few days ago then realized I'd turned off wifi to test 3G data speed and forgot to turn it back on... :eek:

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
OK, I guess it was something with my router. I reset it and now it showed up. I'm wondering if my Mac was connected to the 5.0 and the iPhone to the 2.4 band, if this would even matter.

But WiFi was on:D, could easy have been something I would miss, and it seems to be working now. My Internet went down because I guess a major fiber line was cut, maybe I just needed to do the reset after that although why it would effect my local network I don't know.

Anyway, thanks for the quick help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.