Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services

Old Nov 16, 2011, 03:41 PM   #1
NitrousFlare
macrumors member

iTunes Match - Waiting + Greyed Out

Out of 8506 songs, 1067 are waiting and greyed out.

The files aren't on my computer, and when I try to delete them it asks if I want to delete them from iCloud.

When I try to download, the option is greyed out.

When I update iTunes Match (Store->Update iTunes Match) it checks my library and doesn't update the waiting+greyed out tracks.

How do I get my files back??
NitrousFlare is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2011, 05:19 PM   #2
jklowder
macrumors newbie

Great question. Same issue. iTunes Match froze my network around 8 times before fully completing my approx 3,000 songs. It tells me that my entire Library is on the Cloud... and then proceeds to tell me that I have songs I can download from the Cloud but greys them out to where I cannot even listen to them (so ultimately it seems as if those songs are lost somewhere).

Gonna follow this and see what happens (will update after):

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4054
jklowder is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2011, 05:27 PM   #3
NitrousFlare
macrumors member

I tried updating iTunes Match and it didn't work.

However, I found all of my missing songs in the trash. I dragged them back into my library, and now iTunes Match is reviewing them again.

Pain in the ass..
NitrousFlare is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2011, 05:30 PM   #4
bushido
macrumors 603

how do i know what songs are missing? i have 61 songs remaining and iTunes freezes up everytime, making the fan run crazy and i think it has something to do with the songs that are purchased with a different ID
Old Nov 16, 2011, 06:26 PM   #5
jklowder
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushido View Post
iTunes freezes up everytime, making the fan run crazy
My laptop responded the same way. I just kept running iTunes Match until it slowly... and painfully.... added.... a few.... songs.... here and there. Afterwards, I went to my Library and you can now organize it by iCloud Status (Link above shows how) and then see if some songs were not added bc of some ******** or if some songs just werent good enough for Match.
jklowder is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2011, 12:47 AM   #6
komodrone
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushido View Post
how do i know what songs are missing? i have 61 songs remaining and iTunes freezes up everytime, making the fan run crazy and i think it has something to do with the songs that are purchased with a different ID
Quote:
Originally Posted by jklowder View Post
My laptop responded the same way. I just kept running iTunes Match until it slowly... and painfully.... added.... a few.... songs.... here and there. Afterwards, I went to my Library and you can now organize it by iCloud Status (Link above shows how) and then see if some songs were not added bc of some ******** or if some songs just werent good enough for Match.
remove wifi syncing (makes iTunes slow even when not syncing). sped up my iTunes 10x.
komodrone is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2012, 02:08 PM   #7
stewlis
macrumors newbie

Turning off Wi-Fi Sync Helped

Same problem. Turning off the iPhone wi-fi sync seems to have helped, though it is still moving rather slowly (assuming because there are so many people trying to do this simultaneously). Thanks for the tip!
stewlis is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services

Tags
grey, greyed, icloud, itunes match, waiting