Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jusstoogood

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 6, 2011
I was wondering if anybody has suggestions on a good email client for os 9? i'm looking to turn my wallstreet into a word processing, email, and like web surfing machine.

Thanks in advance.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
I used to use Outlook Express.

I believe there was also an ealry version of Entourage that ran on OS9 as well. I have it at work on my OS9 Mac there, but haven't really used it.

Outlook Express was always pretty good though IMO.

Hrududu

macrumors 68020
Jul 25, 2008
Central US
I always thought the easiest solution was the mail client built into Netscape ( now Classilla) rather than messing around with the older dedicated mail applications.

zen.state

macrumors 68020
Mar 13, 2005
Eudora was great for years but in the late 90's sometime I remember it turning to adware. I forget what version it was.

Desert Mac

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2012
How is Eudora better then a regular email site?

i use eudora...nice and simple...works great

Hi Tom,

All my years on Mac and I've never understood the function of an email client like Eudora.:confused: What does it do better then inbox.com or gmail.com, etc.??

Thanks,

Desert Mac

chrismacguy

macrumors 68000
Feb 13, 2009
United Kingdom
I believe there was also an ealry version of Entourage that ran on OS9 as well. I have it at work on my OS9 Mac there, but haven't really used it.

Entourage 2001 worked on Mac OS 9 and was included in Microsoft office:mac 2001. If your using MS Exchange at all there was also a version of fully-fledged Outlook for Mac OS 9 (Outlook 8.2 I believe), which although it only works with exchange, does provide pretty much the entire feature set of comparable PC Outlook versions.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.