Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mustafa

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 23, 2003
Shenfield, Essex, UK
I don't know how I did it, but I now have an Applications folder within Applications, and my applications are now in there. In other words, to access Disk Utility, I have to go Applications>Applications>Utilities>Disk Utility.

How do I get rid of the unwanted Applications folder without losing my apps? I'm a bit nervous about deleting the folder in case I lose everything!

redeye be

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2005
BXL
Mustafa said:
I don't know how I did it, but I now have an Applications folder within Applications, and my applications are now in there. In other words, to access Disk Utility, I have to go Applications>Applications>Utilities>Disk Utility.

How do I get rid of the unwanted Applications folder without losing my apps? I'm a bit nervous about deleting the folder in case I lose everything!
Just drag everything from the second folder into the first.
Then u can delete the empty (second) one.
There might be some issues with the doc, it will ask you to find the apps for it the first time you try to start it.

Good luck

James Philp

macrumors 65816
Mar 5, 2005
Oxford/London
in list view, go to the second folder
apple-a (select all)
Click-hols and drag into the columb that the second apps folder is in.
This should move them out of the Applications>Applications folder and just into the Applications folder.
Now just trash the applications>applications folder (as long as it's empty!)

Mustafa

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 23, 2003
Shenfield, Essex, UK
James Philp said:
in list view, go to the second folder
apple-a (select all)
Click-hols and drag into the columb that the second apps folder is in.
This should move them out of the Applications>Applications folder and just into the Applications folder.
Now just trash the applications>applications folder (as long as it's empty!)

Phew! Thanks, James, that worked fine and I still seem to have my apps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.