Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rien333

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
The Netherlands
So sad... Any Community fans here? Thoughts on the show? Personally I hope NBC changes their mind, but maybe it is just not being wachted enough.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
I watched the first 2 seasons last summer and really enjoyed it. I gave up this season after 3 or 4 episodes.

kolax

macrumors G3
Mar 20, 2007
I love this TV show. It's really awesome, and there's a lot of cool/geeky references that I guess less intelligent people wouldn't get or enjoy.

And season 3 has been awesome so far.

boss.king

macrumors 603
Apr 8, 2009
I watch it but I'm not surprised they want to cancel it. The jokes have gotten pretty weak and predictable. Season 2 wasn't all that great.season 3 has its moment but that's not enough to save it.

rien333

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
The Netherlands
It is not getting cancelled guys! Yay! :) It just won't be in NBC's mid-season(?) line up, and will continue in the future. (This was stated by NBC, not just some random guy on the internet.)

phyzics101

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2009
Paintball episode got me hooked to this show.
The episode with 7 different probabilities tells you how brilliant this show is.

dzigg

macrumors member
Feb 20, 2007
I like the show, and will be sad if it's cancelled.. It's pretty creative, not boring like most comedy out there right now.. love me some Abed!

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Community is a product of poor writing. The people on it, most of them rather, are all funny as stand-up comedians. I can only imagine it's the writers who need to be fired. Best way to do that is cancel the show and watch the stronger actors flourish on other shows.

I'm glad it's being cancelled. This season was beyond stupid.

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I'm actually pretty surprised that it's being cancelled. It's still better than a lot of the other crap that's on.

However, I will agree that this season has been weaker than the earlier seasons, but I can still appreciate how creative it is. It's just not formulaic enough to survive, I suppose.

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
Never heard of that show so can't speak on it.

However, after getting Netflix. Being a person that doesn't watch TV. Almost every show I do like, I never heard of it till it was cancelled/ended.

The one show I do watch on TV is The Walking Dead. Overall though, no time for TV.

notjustjay

macrumors 603
Sep 19, 2003
Canada, eh?
I never really got into its style (though I only gave it a couple of episodes). I just don't like this kind of humor where the annoying smarmy guy is surrounded by idiots and wins in the end despite making you want to smack him.

Yes, I enjoy the pop culture references and the occasional witty dialog but the rest of it was just too unbelievable.

Tilpots

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2006
Carolina Beach, NC
The last clip of an episode always gets me to laugh, whether the ep was good or not. The writing needs work occasionally, but overall I'm a fan. Is it sticking around or not?

rien333

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
The Netherlands
The last clip of an episode always gets me to laugh, whether the ep was good or not. The writing needs work occasionally, but overall I'm a fan. Is it sticking around or not?

Yes, it is. It's only going to be on some kind of mid-season break, or something similar.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Yes, it is. It's only going to be on some kind of mid-season break, or something similar.

I bet it never returns despite what NBC has said. It's their lowest rated Thursday night show and has had its lowest ratings this year. NBC is the last place network with a lot of holes to fill. Taking a show of an already weak schedule doesn't bode well.

RawBert

macrumors 68000
Jan 19, 2010
North Hollywood, CA
341090d1291849304-alison-brie-showing-nice-cleavage-community-19.jpg

I heart Alison Brie. Big time!

sammich

macrumors 601
Sep 26, 2006
Sarcasmville.
I discovered it not that long ago and caught it up right before the current season started. Absolutely loved the first two seasons, but I don't get the newest season, maybe it's better seen as a marathon. Don't get me wrong I love this show, for the same reasons as I love (loved) Scrubs, quirky, the pop references and the self deprecating humour.

kolax

macrumors G3
Mar 20, 2007
Who watched the xmas special then (ep10)?

My word, Annie's song/dance made the whole episode and put me right into the Christmas spirit!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.