Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dylanursula

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010
All,

I have been a long time iPhone user(well since 3G) and am thinking of picking up an Android phone to have as a second phone to play around with. Love iOS but somewhat looking for a change, say on the weekends. Can I just keep my exisiting unlimited iPhone plan or will ATT swap the plan out if I put my SIM into another non iPhone?

Thanks all

dylanursula

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010
You'll keep the data plan. You don't have to worry about that. Go have fun with your new device and stop worrying! :)

Thanks but will they swap me out of my unlimited iPhone plan to another unlimited plan or the umlimited iPhone plan stay.

Vanarak19

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2008
Thanks but will they swap me out of my unlimited iPhone plan to another unlimited plan or the umlimited iPhone plan stay.

I actually had a skyrocket 4g all last week. They have to put you on a LTE 4g Unlimited plan, but after that you can swap the sim back to your iphone whenever. Watch out with ATT supposed LTE maps...I am well within the LTE area, and can not get any service within my home area. Their response in store: "it doesnt extend out that far..." My response: False advertising.

vitzr

macrumors 68030
Jul 28, 2011
California
I actually had a skyrocket 4g all last week. They have to put you on a LTE 4g Unlimited plan, but after that you can swap the sim back to your iphone whenever. Watch out with ATT supposed LTE maps...I am well within the LTE area, and can not get any service within my home area. Their response in store: "it doesnt extend out that far..." My response: False advertising.

You failed to read properly. It's clearly stated. AT&T is not about to mislead anyone. If you always rely on what sales people say, you will continue to learn the hard way.

Conversely if you take advantage of the web, all terms of service are clearly stated there for your convenience. As the customer, you are responsible for your own education. Know what you sign, before you sign it, and you will never make this mistake again.

Vanarak19

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2008
You failed to read properly. It's clearly stated. AT&T is not about to mislead anyone. If you always rely on what sales people say, you will continue to learn the hard way.

Conversely if you take advantage of the web, all terms of service are clearly stated there for your convenience. As the customer, you are responsible for your own education. Know what you sign, before you sign it, and you will never make this mistake again.

I read just fine bud. Im nearly in the center of an LTE area. Theres a difference between "approximate" and BS. Im 2 miles within the beltway of baltimore, and get no LTE within 1 mile of home.

Responses like yours don't belong. AT&T not mislead anyone, ever...are you serious? And FYI, I never once listened to the salesmen, this was research done on the website, so check your facts before you accuse others of not doing so.

OP: I hope I helped answer your question. You can do what you want, just give aTT a call, and tell them you want to switch to a 4g UNL LTE plan. EAsy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.