Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 5 and earlier

Old Nov 21, 2011, 05:06 AM   #1
jaggunothing
macrumors regular

Unhappy Spotlight not working in iOS 5.0.1

This is pretty annoying especially after getting used to the function. Spotlight suddenly decides to pack up. Type and nothing shows up, click on search also does not provide any feedback.

Spotlight settings are all set right, even tried removing emails from the list still does not resolve the issue.

Restart brings it back for a while and then again it goes off. Reset (Power+Home for 10 secs) also has not helped.

Tried searching and i guess its an issue with many. https://discussions.apple.com/thread...rt=15&tstart=0

Any help?
Old Nov 23, 2011, 12:42 AM   #2
blueroom
macrumors 603

Jailbroken?
blueroom is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2011, 01:03 AM   #3
jaggunothing
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueroom View Post
Jailbroken?
Nope absolutely company fresh OS, since it was unlocked never bothered with JB etc
Old Nov 23, 2011, 01:05 AM   #4
blueroom
macrumors 603

I've found a bug in iOS 5.0.1 myself when tethering (WiFi won't show up without reboot), so I guess they're still working it out for the next patch.
blueroom is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2011, 11:05 PM   #5
jaggunothing
macrumors regular

This is really weird, last few days things are back to normal! I have not made any changes also, spotlight seems to work fine.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 09:53 PM   #6
pdqgp
macrumors 65816

My Spotlight not working well

I've found that ever since iOS5 my spotlight search on the 4s sucks. 75% of the time it won't work.

I have uncheck emails and it works fine but if I check box that so that it searches email it hoses.

Apple needs to fix this fast.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 5 and earlier