Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IlikeMacsSoMuch

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 30, 2009
Blainville, Province of Quebec
Hi everybody!
I have a Mac mini that I use mostly as a HTPC and an iTunes server. I use it to stream iTunes purchased videos to an Apple TV (Wifi) and an iMac (Gigabit ethernet). I never had any issues doing this with Snow leopard but ever since I switched to Lion, it lags like hell on both Wifi and Gigabit ethernet.

At first I believed that it might be an issue with the mac mini so I transferred all my iTunes library to the iMac but the issues persists on on both wifi and gigabit.

Both the iMac and the mac mini can play the videos locally just fine and there is no other issues with the network, I checked ant it works flawlessly otherwise.

Anyone else has that issue? Besides braining myself what can I do?

Thanks

Last edited:

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US
Last night I did a clean install of Lion instead of upgrading from Snow Lepord to try and resolve slowness in the wifey's 2008 MBP. I've heard upgrading can cause slowness. It's too soon to tell but there doesn't seem to be much difference either way. Based on your experience I would say it is definitely Lion related. :) Glad you got it sorted out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.