Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Nov 21, 2011, 03:50 PM   #1
twikoff
macrumors newbie

ATV2 wifi/wired question

My ATV is running 4.3 (2557) and jailbroken
in the general settings, under wireless... it makes it look like its connected to my wireless
despite the fact that i have a cable directly attached

and I see the msg that says, 'connect an ethernet cable to......' blah blah

is that msg always up.. or only when its associated and working wireless?

I know that the atv2 wireless is pretty crappy
and I tested that wired connection with my laptop last night and was getting 45-50mbs.. so I know its good

I just want to make sure Im on the wired connection and not running over wireless..

I guess i could kill the ssid info from the wifi config and see what happens.. but that msg about plugging in an ethernet cable is the part that has me thrown.
twikoff is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2011, 04:04 PM   #2
milbournosphere
macrumors 6502a

If you're overly concerned about it, just tell the apple TV to forget the wireless info. That will force the wired connection, if it isn't already being used.
milbournosphere is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2011, 04:17 PM   #3
Tha Professor
macrumors regular

I really think I read somewhere, that once your cable is plugged, the wireless gets turned off... Since there is no wireless option in the setting on my setup which is wired I would consider it right.. But if it still happens, you should try to make it forget the network just like milbournosphere said....
Tha Professor is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2011, 09:04 AM   #4
jvmxtra
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Professor View Post
I really think I read somewhere, that once your cable is plugged, the wireless gets turned off... Since there is no wireless option in the setting on my setup which is wired I would consider it right.. But if it still happens, you should try to make it forget the network just like milbournosphere said....
This is true. I tested this out.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater