Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services

Old Nov 22, 2011, 07:39 AM   #1
Capt Crunch
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to Capt Crunch
How to get iTunes to automatically sync added non-iTunes purchased music?

I have an HTPC with all my music. I have a laptop and I rip a CD to the laptop's library. I add it to the iCloud. How do I have the HTPC automatically download the new songs (since they weren't purchased through iTunes)?
Capt Crunch is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2011, 09:53 AM   #2
ra4oasis
macrumors regular

iTunes Match is the only way to sync up music that is not purchased from iTunes to multiple computers. I signed up last week. It is still sort of buggy, but overall the value of having all my music available on all my devices is worth living with the bugs until Apple fixes them.
ra4oasis is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2011, 10:59 AM   #3
PNutts
macrumors 601

Using Home Sharing iTunes can automatically sync libraries. iCloud isn't necessary.

http://www.apple.com/support/homesharing/
PNutts is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2011, 11:35 AM   #4
flynz4
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNutts View Post
Using Home Sharing iTunes can automatically sync libraries. iCloud isn't necessary.

From the URL you posted:
Previously downloaded or non-iTunes Store content can only be manually transferred. It may be necessary to authorize iTunes Store content for playback on other computers.
I think this is contradictory to what the OP requested.

/Jim
flynz4 is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2011, 03:54 PM   #5
Capt Crunch
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to Capt Crunch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ra4oasis View Post
iTunes Match is the only way to sync up music that is not purchased from iTunes to multiple computers. I signed up last week. It is still sort of buggy, but overall the value of having all my music available on all my devices is worth living with the bugs until Apple fixes them.
I wasn't very clear. I already have iTunes Match. I can download songs I put on the iCloud to my HTPC by logging into it and manually downloading them. I don't want to have to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNutts View Post

I don't want to sync my laptop library with my HTPC (since I don't want to waste my precious SSD space). I want to sync whatever I put into the iCloud from my laptop to my HTPC.
Capt Crunch is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services