Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air

Old Nov 22, 2011, 02:11 PM   #1
nickpoz
macrumors newbie

Mac Book Air Battery Life

I have one of the new 13" MBA and was wondering what the normal battery life is? I unplugged it and it said 99% battery life after a few minutes and it was under 6 hours. I thought it was supposed to be 7+ hours on a full charge???
nickpoz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2011, 02:13 PM   #2
GGJstudios
macrumors Westmere

Your battery life is dependent on many factors. Read BATTERY LIFE FROM A CHARGE in the following link. This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions:
Apple Notebook Battery FAQ
GGJstudios is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2011, 02:32 PM   #3
Risasi
macrumors 6502

For the average stuff I'm doing, which is usually running Chrome and Safari, then connected into a couple different remote servers or other user workstations simultaneously I can run a couple ticks above half bright and get about 6.5 hours on the 13" MBA, but closer to 8 hours on my MBP. What kills battery for me is LogMeIn connections and instant chat services I run for work. My MBP is closer to 5.5-6 hours of run time.

I've also found the battery monitor is not super accurate anyway, getting to a full drain one day took almost 9-10 hours of off and on usage. I don't know how it stayed running that last hour, it was running on E by then. I felt like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuEdU_lrtZk
Risasi is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air