Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories

Old Nov 22, 2011, 10:09 PM   #1
snowychick2005
macrumors newbie

Smile External battery for iPhone 4S

I am rather confused on the type of external battery there is in the market. Can someone tell me what is the difference between the 5500Mah and other values? What does the value means and which value is the best for iPhone 4s and iPad 2? Thanks..
snowychick2005 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2011, 02:33 AM   #2
M Quick
macrumors 6502

A higher mAh rating gives a longer battery life, for example a 2200mAh battery will last twice as long compared to a 1100mAh battery.
An iphone 4S has about 1300mAh IIRC, so you have something to compare with, if you for example get a 1300mAh battery you'll have double the battery time with it, if you get for example a 2600mAh battery you will have 3 times the battery life.. and so on!

So what is best for you is for you to decide as the price may vary greatly on the ones that a lower rated vs the higher rated batteries. Ofcourse the higher the mAh rating the longer the battery life, but if it's any good is up to you. Ofcourse a bigger battery that holds a charge longer will also weigh much more and be bigger if you know what i'm saying.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 03:09 AM   #3
snowychick2005
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Quick View Post
A higher mAh rating gives a longer battery life, for example a 2200mAh battery will last twice as long compared to a 1100mAh battery.
An iphone 4S has about 1300mAh IIRC, so you have something to compare with, if you for example get a 1300mAh battery you'll have double the battery time with it, if you get for example a 2600mAh battery you will have 3 times the battery life.. and so on!

So what is best for you is for you to decide as the price may vary greatly on the ones that a lower rated vs the higher rated batteries. Ofcourse the higher the mAh rating the longer the battery life, but if it's any good is up to you. Ofcourse a bigger battery that holds a charge longer will also weigh much more and be bigger if you know what i'm saying.
Oh.. But if i buy a higher mAh will it spoil the iPhone battery? So if I just want an external battery as a backup in case my iPhone battery is drain, i'll just need a lower mAh, for example, 1300mAh to help me last till I get home and charge right?
snowychick2005 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories