Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old Nov 23, 2011, 10:32 AM   #1
johndallas999
Banned

Lockinfo vs IntelliscreenX?

For those of you who have tried both, which one do you guys prefer? I've only tried Lockinfo which I think is Excellent.
johndallas999 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2011, 10:40 AM   #2
labman
macrumors 604

I have both I think both products and Devs are great. I think it's a matter of choice. right now I have ISX. I am not going to pick apart either one.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 11:07 AM   #3
robots3humans0
macrumors 6502

I also have both and prefer IntelliscreenX to LockInfo. If you're having a hard time deciding, try the 3 day trial for IntelliscreenX and see which one you like better.
robots3humans0 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2011, 12:16 PM   #4
Norinion
macrumors regular

I tried both, and picked Lockinfo for it's capability of small text which makes it very clean vs Intelliscreen's big font. I don't have much use for RSS, or pages within my lockscreen/notification center and that's Intelliscreen's forte. So for simplicity and cleanliness, I chose Lockinfo over Intelliscreen.
Norinion is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2011, 07:04 PM   #5
WannaApple?
macrumors 6502a

I tried both and prefer Lockinfo. It allows more customization than Intelliscreen does.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 07:09 PM   #6
polobreaka
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to polobreaka
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaApple? View Post
I tried both and prefer Lockinfo. It allows more customization than Intelliscreen does.
i have also tried both and stuck with LI. i like the customization of LI more. you can decide where you want to place your widgets/plugins at whatever screen (lockscreen, homescreen, infoshade, notification center) you want.

not saying ISX is bad. it is actually very well built. it seems to cater more to avid users of RSS, FB, and Twitter.

I have no complaints for both. pick the one that works best for you.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 07:50 PM   #7
rick snagwell
macrumors 68040

lockinfo all day.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.PNG
Views:	199
Size:	482.3 KB
ID:	313474  
Old Nov 23, 2011, 11:11 PM   #8
froggie22
macrumors member

I have both and use both at the same time.

Lockinfo for my lockscreen which is exactly how i want it, and then intelliscreenX for notification center (mainly facebook and twitter). Not to keen on intelliscreenX for the lock screen.

So for me I see them as two different products, one for lock screen and one for notification center enhancement and it works great.
froggie22 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2011, 11:52 PM   #9
robots3humans0
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by froggie22 View Post

Lockinfo for my lockscreen which is exactly how i want it, and then intelliscreenX for notification center (mainly facebook and twitter). Not to keen on intelliscreenX for the lock screen.

So for me I see them as two different products, one for lock screen and one for notification center enhancement and it works great.
I've never actually thought of doing this. I think I may try it out just to see how I like it..
robots3humans0 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2011, 12:20 AM   #10
Mac7
macrumors 6502a

In lockinfo is there any way to quick reply to emails?
Mac7 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2011, 12:50 AM   #11
rick snagwell
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac7 View Post

well it has a setting that you can enable that makes it when you touch the email on the LS, it opens it quickly there and you can just touch reply then?
Old Nov 24, 2011, 12:59 AM   #12
Norinion
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick snagwell View Post
well it has a setting that you can enable that makes it when you touch the email on the LS, it opens it quickly there and you can just touch reply then?
Unfortunately it doesn't do that, only quick read. no quick reply, you have to go straight into the app (there's a button that takes you to the app, but no quick reply)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac7 View Post
Not that i know of sorry, not lockinfo
Old Nov 24, 2011, 01:34 AM   #13
rick snagwell
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norinion View Post
Unfortunately it doesn't do that, only quick read. no quick reply, you have to go straight into the app (there's a button that takes you to the app, but no quick reply)
oh bummer!
Old Nov 24, 2011, 01:45 AM   #14
Norinion
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick snagwell View Post
oh bummer!
One of the plus side of IntelliscreenX
Old Nov 24, 2011, 10:58 AM   #15
Brownski
macrumors member

Been using LI for ages but have switched over to ISX in the last couple of weeks due to some unresolved issues with the latest LockInfo betas (no big issues, just that some particular features I needed weren't working quite right).

At first I thought I would just use it until LI was fully updated, but now I'm not so sure--ISX is really pretty great, and if they can add a few more little things (e.g., dismissing single notifications) I might just stick with it. Also digging the integrated Messages+ features--I actually uninstalled BiteSMS, which I never thought I'd do.
Brownski is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2011, 11:09 AM   #16
heisenberg123
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by froggie22 View Post

same set up for me
Old Dec 14, 2011, 01:01 PM   #17
comatose81
macrumors 6502a

I've used both and am still undecided. I really like how RSS, Mail, Facebook, and Twitter are integrated into IntelliscreenX, and how they are on separate pages, so it doesn't clutter up my lockscreen. I also think the "ticker" is a pretty cool widget. The only question is whether or not it's a good idea to have Facebook, Twitter, and your entire inbox on your lockscreen for anyone to see, but that is customizable.

I also love the Messages+ integration in IntelliscreenX.

LockInfo is nice because you can adjust almost every single option imaginable, and there are a ton of plugins for it. I was disappointed that there are basically no plugins for IntelliscreenX.

Maybe the best solution is what someone said previously - LockInfo on the lockscreen, IntelliscreenX for notification center.
comatose81 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2011, 03:37 PM   #18
LithePanther
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by comatose81 View Post
I've used both and am still undecided. I really like how RSS, Mail, Facebook, and Twitter are integrated into IntelliscreenX, and how they are on separate pages, so it doesn't clutter up my lockscreen. I also think the "ticker" is a pretty cool widget. The only question is whether or not it's a good idea to have Facebook, Twitter, and your entire inbox on your lockscreen for anyone to see, but that is customizable.

I also love the Messages+ integration in IntelliscreenX.

LockInfo is nice because you can adjust almost every single option imaginable, and there are a ton of plugins for it. I was disappointed that there are basically no plugins for IntelliscreenX.

Maybe the best solution is what someone said previously - LockInfo on the lockscreen, IntelliscreenX for notification center.
That's what I'm doing ^_^
LithePanther is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2011, 03:43 PM   #19
nickrinaldi
macrumors regular

right now I use lockinfo for lockscreen but any notification I get on the notification center, if I clear them they stay on the lockscreen and vice versa.

meaning if someone checks into foursquare or i get a news alert. if I clear them from one I have to still clear them on the other. its a minor thing but i find it annoying sometimes.

does intelliscreen have this issue as well? and those using both. do they conflict like this or work in sync?
nickrinaldi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2011, 10:00 PM   #20
LithePanther
macrumors 6502

I have that issue with ISX/LI but it only happens sometimes.

I can deal with it for the versatility.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 10:19 PM   #21
Ke1ington
macrumors 6502

Is something wrong with my phone or can you really not tap on a notification in Lockinfo to get the application to open?
Old Dec 15, 2011, 02:45 PM   #22
jt999
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ke1ington View Post
Is something wrong with my phone or can you really not tap on a notification in Lockinfo to get the application to open?
This lack of functionality has kept me from using Lockinfo on my lockscreen.
jt999 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2011, 11:24 PM   #23
LithePanther
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ke1ington View Post
I can tap and open notifications...
Old Dec 16, 2011, 08:35 AM   #24
jt999
macrumors regular

Tapping on Calendar events, Reminders, 2do entries, etc. do not take you to the application like IntelliscreenX does.
jt999 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2011, 08:49 AM   #25
dhlizard
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt999 View Post
Tapping on Calendar events, Reminders, 2do entries, etc. do not take you to the application like IntelliscreenX does.
Only the Twitter section has this send functionality (LockInfo)

But LockInfo does look good !

Look for me here
dhlizard is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks