Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Nov 23, 2011, 08:17 PM   #1
ezdizzy
macrumors newbie

how to create a new playlist in itunes from songs on ipod

I have 3000+ songs on my ipod. These songs are part of the 6000+ songs within my itunes library. Over time I have manually moved these songs from itunes to my ipod (ie, not with a playlist or auto-syncing). Now I want to make a new playlist in itunes which is comprised of the songs that are currently on my ipod. Any ideas as to how I can do this? I am not copying any new songs from the ipod to itunes, I just want to make a new 3000+ song playlist in itunes, using the songs from the ipod.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks!
ezdizzy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2011, 02:15 PM   #2
BrennerM
macrumors regular

I don't think that iTunes stores info about what songs are on what devices (at least not in a user-accessible form), so I'm pretty sure you can't do this in iTunes alone. Someone correct me if they know otherwise.

Could you create an on-the-go playlist on your iPod which contains all of the songs on the device and then sync that playlist back to iTunes? May depend on which iPod model you have...
BrennerM is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod