Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X 10.7 Lion

Old Nov 24, 2011, 01:43 AM   #1
MrHyde85
macrumors member

Auto Mount Afp Share on Startup?

Hello,

I have a 2011 Mac Mini and Netgear ReadyNas Duo it is running with the AFP protocol and runs exteremly well. The only annoying thing is that my Mini is used with Plex and the data is held on the ReadyNas. Upon first boot of my Mini, Finder can see the ReadyNas but will not mount it. I have to manually connect to it.

I have added the share on the Nas to my startup items and I get a error stating the ReadyNas cannot be found check your ip etc etc. But clicking ok and manually connecting works fine.

Can anyone help?
MrHyde85 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2011, 02:05 AM   #2
Macman45
macrumors G5

I Think This

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHyde85 View Post
Hello,

I have a 2011 Mac Mini and Netgear ReadyNas Duo it is running with the AFP protocol and runs exteremly well. The only annoying thing is that my Mini is used with Plex and the data is held on the ReadyNas. Upon first boot of my Mini, Finder can see the ReadyNas but will not mount it. I have to manually connect to it.

I have added the share on the Nas to my startup items and I get a error stating the ReadyNas cannot be found check your ip etc etc. But clicking ok and manually connecting works fine.

Can anyone help?
Has more to do with the settings on your Netgear. Im not familiar with the options you have in the admin screen, but having a look through may help. I don't think its a mac osx problem, more that your Netgear appears to be "Sleeping" when the mini tries to mount it. Somewhere in there should be a selection of "Wake" options. A good place to start.
Old Nov 24, 2011, 10:06 AM   #3
MrHyde85
macrumors member

Thanks I'll take a look and let you know.
Old Nov 24, 2011, 12:55 PM   #4
MrHyde85
macrumors member

I have a look in the settings for the ReadyNas and cannot find anything relating to wake issues. I have disk spin down disabled.
Old Nov 27, 2011, 07:31 AM   #5
MrHyde85
macrumors member

I found a solution:

http://lime-technology.com/forum/ind...opic=10274.msg

This basically involves editing the file and hey presto, the script runs and mounts the share on my Nas upon start up and checks for it every few minutes if it becomes unmounted.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X 10.7 Lion