Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Nov 25, 2011, 10:45 AM   #1
Sir Ruben
macrumors 65816

Where is the ceapest place to buy Apple TV in the UK?

Im interested but Im not really 99 interested as I dont really need it. I just fancy it and the airplay mirroring looks cool.

Anyone able to suggest a good deal?
Old Nov 25, 2011, 11:59 AM   #2
GeekGuys
macrumors regular

Am I allowed to say USA ?

Seriously, in the UK you will get 8 off from Apple direct or Amazon during this weekend. Other than that check out eBay. No other discounts really.
GeekGuys is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2011, 08:25 AM   #3
Steppy
macrumors member

I got mine from Amazon for 88.58 including delivery, but not impressed that it turnes out to be an import.

It had a UK power leade loose in the packaging. The actual unit is brand new and sealed, but not happy as it was for a present. After reading through various forums I have decided to keep it as the power supply is universal and the PAL/NTSC is controlled by the iTunes account which its registered to.
Old Nov 28, 2011, 09:20 AM   #4
adbe
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steppy View Post
I got mine from Amazon for 88.58 including delivery, but not impressed that it turnes out to be an import.

It had a UK power leade loose in the packaging. The actual unit is brand new and sealed, but not happy as it was for a present. After reading through various forums I have decided to keep it as the power supply is universal and the PAL/NTSC is controlled by the iTunes account which its registered to.
That's the only way UK sellers can seriously undercut MSRP.

Last time I visited my parents in the UK I brought one over from the states. It was significantly cheaper even with US sales tax added. Once paired with the UK iTunes store, and an appropriate UK mains cable, grey import ATVs are all but indistinguishable from white market ones.
adbe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2011, 10:24 AM   #5
ncarnall
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adbe View Post
That's the only way UK sellers can seriously undercut MSRP.

Last time I visited my parents in the UK I brought one over from the states. It was significantly cheaper even with US sales tax added. Once paired with the UK iTunes store, and an appropriate UK mains cable, grey import ATVs are all but indistinguishable from white market ones.
Another case of "Rip off Britain"
ncarnall is offline   -1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2011, 12:30 PM   #6
rbrian
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncarnall View Post
Another case of "Rip off Britain"
It's never quite that clear cut. When you add in 20% VAT, and the extra consumer protections we get here as standard - no 90 day warranties! - the gap closes. The Apple TV is an anomaly though - everything else is more dollars than pounds, for example the iPhone 4s 64Gb is 699 or $849. For a long time the Apple TV was 105 or $99! And, in addition to Airplay, they get Netflix and Hulu (whatever that is) and YouTube, we get... um... YouTube.

If you're still interested, Amazon has them for 91.
Old Nov 28, 2011, 01:25 PM   #7
lc25
macrumors 6502

Refurb store is not bad when they have some in stock.
lc25 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater