Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Nov 25, 2011, 03:49 PM   #1
Incredibalism
macrumors newbie

How to format my MacBook

I have recently cleaned my harddrive on my first generation MacBook (with Lion), and it went very well, and afterwards, i shutted it down. When I turned it on, i couldnt go to...... okay, here I have a problem... Im from Denmark, and my MacBooks language is Danish too, so I dont know what its called. My guess is Systemsetup, but I dont know. It's where you change the computer, and make adjustments. Mission control is one of the things you can control. Hope you know what I mean. I cant find it, its not in the finder, or anywhere else. I dont need help to find it, because its simply not there, and my friends cant find it either.
Is it possible that I have deleted it? I used an App to clean the harddrive. When I say clean, I dont mean completely delete everything, just delete the superfluos files and App's. Approximately 10-15 GB.
I know that I can press the Apple in the top left corner, and find it there, but when i press it, it opens a kind of console.

My conclusion is that I cant find it, so I have given up, and decided to format it.
But I dont know how?
I first tried to install Snow Leopard, but the CD is invalid.
How do I format my MacBook?
Incredibalism is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2011, 06:34 PM   #2
JediMeister
macrumors 68040

Ok, it sounds like you can't access your System Preferences?

If you must reinstall Mac OS X Lion, first, hold option and select Recovery HD from the startup manager or +R on startup, then select your language and then choose the Reinstall Mac OS X option from the list of choices. Make sure your computer is connected to power and that you have a broadband internet connection. I don't think an Erase & Install is needed, which would require erasing the drive with Disk Utility then installing Lion.

Rather than reinstalling, can you download this file and put it in your /Applications folder?
Attached Files
File Type: zip System Preferences.app.zip (875.8 KB, 137 views)
JediMeister is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2011, 05:03 AM   #3
Incredibalism
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediMeister View Post
Ok, it sounds like you can't access your System Preferences?

If you must reinstall Mac OS X Lion, first, hold option and select Recovery HD from the startup manager or +R on startup, then select your language and then choose the Reinstall Mac OS X option from the list of choices. Make sure your computer is connected to power and that you have a broadband internet connection. I don't think an Erase & Install is needed, which would require erasing the drive with Disk Utility then installing Lion.

Rather than reinstalling, can you download this file and put it in your /Applications folder?
Thanks man, it worked! You made my day
Incredibalism is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store