Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Old Nov 27, 2011, 03:19 AM   #1
lsquare
macrumors 6502

Best value screen protector for iPad 2?

Any recommendations for the best value crystal clear (non-antiglare) screen protector for the iPad 2?
lsquare is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2011, 04:07 AM   #2
lsquare
macrumors 6502

bump!
lsquare is offline   -1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2011, 02:55 PM   #3
will0407
macrumors 6502

I always used incipio screen covers on my ip4 as they came with the feather case I always bought- very good fit, so id imagine the same with an ipad, although much more difficult to get it aligned.

I splashed out on the griffin screen care protection pack for my ipad 2, it was an awful cut, left 2mm uncovered either side as well as leaving the front bit just under the home button uncovered.

I took it off, and ended up using a cheap on i got from ebay which fitted much better and was easier to install- if the protector isnt cut to fit the entire screen, it's so much harder to align it centrally as you can't line it up with one edge.
will0407 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2011, 04:26 PM   #4
lsquare
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by will0407 View Post
I always used incipio screen covers on my ip4 as they came with the feather case I always bought- very good fit, so id imagine the same with an ipad, although much more difficult to get it aligned.

I splashed out on the griffin screen care protection pack for my ipad 2, it was an awful cut, left 2mm uncovered either side as well as leaving the front bit just under the home button uncovered.

I took it off, and ended up using a cheap on i got from ebay which fitted much better and was easier to install- if the protector isnt cut to fit the entire screen, it's so much harder to align it centrally as you can't line it up with one edge.
Yea, the Incipio screen protectors fit my IP4 very well. I was thinking of getting the incipio case because it didn't get very good reviews and supposedly not compatible with the iPad 2 smart covers? The good thing is that it comes with a screen protector, but I need more info about it before I snap one up. I do think it's good value though.
lsquare is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2011, 10:28 PM   #5
number84
macrumors 6502

I usually go with bestskinsever. Water based application but I find this is the best fit and easiest to get all aligned. Although my current iPad Does not have a screen protector but I love how the screen feels without one.
number84 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2011, 04:09 PM   #6
Tanax
macrumors 6502a

Power Support. Hands down.
They are more expensive but in the end it will pay for itself since there won't be any air-bubbles nor crackles. It's amazing quality, doesn't get smudge nor fingerprint on it. Also it fits very nicely on the iPad 2, if you misfit it, remove it and do it again - the special glue on the backside will stick again.. and again, again and again.

Been using mine for a month now and I'm still blown away by the feel of it when swiping the fingers on the screen. Best value, for sure!
Tanax is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2011, 08:29 PM   #7
takeshi74
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsquare View Post
bump!
http://guides.macrumors.com/Help:Forum_Rules
Quote:
Bumps. Posts that bring a thread to the top of the New Posts list but add no content to the thread (bumps) are not permitted. This applies not only to posts that say "bump" but to those with the intent to bump, e.g. posts saying "anyone?" or the equivalent. See why and how to avoid bumping.
takeshi74 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2011, 08:37 PM   #8
Thnkdifferent
macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Ghost Armor or invisible shield. Ghost Armor has a better feel.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 01:35 PM   #9
jamaggic
macrumors member

only Zagg

have used Zagg screen protectors on six iPhones and five iPads without a single issue,,, slight knack to your first install but easy enough to manipulate til right, after the first the rest were easy..... just a note; recently my bike slid out from under me on a hill with gravel, iPhone popped out of my pocket and slid face down over the gravel about thirty feet.... thought that was it but when I picked it up, other than being dusty the screen was unmarked!!!! Zagg is the best.
jamaggic is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2012, 06:17 PM   #10
Quazimojo
macrumors regular

These are a great deal and on sale. I have tried a few different kinds and the reviews speak for itself. 3 layer PET film from Japan also.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...A1QGIDACEIIO9M
Quazimojo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2012, 02:13 PM   #11
lee14160
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangloboy View Post
Your sure pushing this company's product; what, you own it.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 05:35 PM   #12
Quazimojo
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee14160 View Post
Your sure pushing this company's product; what, you own it.
Yeah i dont think it is coincidence that all his posts are to that website lol.
Quazimojo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2012, 05:55 AM   #13
eswank
macrumors regular

I've been using the matte screens from Monoprice.com. Pretty cheap and it does what it needs to do to meet my needs. I can buy 5 of these for the price of the Power Support versions.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 08:37 AM   #14
Hammie
macrumors 65816

Just an FYI, I got the UC version of protector from SGP and it doesn't allow the Apple Smart Cover to function properly with the auto on/off feature. It appears to be too thick so the magnets do not work.

I am in the process of discussing this with SGP Support. Not sure what the resolution will be.
Hammie is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories