Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Nov 24, 2011, 03:28 AM   #1
MIDI_EVIL
macrumors 65816
 
MIDI_EVIL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: UK
Are people still buying Final Cut Pro Studio 3?

I've switched to Premiere, only to get every last drop of power from my 2008 MBP, but I'm curious whether individuals/studios are still buying FCP 7 or Studio 3?
__________________
Too many cameras!
MIDI_EVIL is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2011, 03:32 AM   #2
Macman45
macrumors G5
 
Macman45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
I'm after The New One

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIDI_EVIL View Post
I've switched to Premiere, only to get every last drop of power from my 2008 MBP, but I'm curious whether individuals/studios are still buying FCP 7 or Studio 3?
But not until after Christmas....If it runs well on your 2008 Pro, it should fly on my iMac and on my new MBP 17"

Upgraded my iMac to 16GB a while back....Well worth it.
__________________
..That's All Folks
Macman45 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2011, 04:09 AM   #3
MIDI_EVIL
Thread Starter
macrumors 65816
 
MIDI_EVIL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macman45 View Post
But not until after Christmas....If it runs well on your 2008 Pro, it should fly on my iMac and on my new MBP 17"

Upgraded my iMac to 16GB a while back....Well worth it.
It does run well, but I just don't have the juice to re-render and export anymore. If I wasn't buying a house, I could justify getting a new machine!

I'm selling my FCPS3, so let me know when you're looking again/if you're interested.
__________________
Too many cameras!
MIDI_EVIL is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2011, 05:02 AM   #4
Macman45
macrumors G5
 
Macman45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
I will

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIDI_EVIL View Post
It does run well, but I just don't have the juice to re-render and export anymore. If I wasn't buying a house, I could justify getting a new machine!

I'm selling my FCPS3, so let me know when you're looking again/if you're interested.
I'll PM you. You need an iMac maybe as a Christmas present?
__________________
..That's All Folks
Macman45 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2011, 11:51 AM   #5
mitchtheriault
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
my college course just bought about 80 copies of FCS 3 that we get to keep
__________________
[SIZE="1"][CENTER]MacBook Pro, 2.0GHz i7, 500GB HDD, 16GB RAM; 32gb iPhone 4S; 32gb iPad 2
mitchtheriault is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Final Cut Express 4 or Final Cut pro X? xelentoliver Mac Applications and Mac App Store 9 Feb 23, 2012 11:12 PM
Final Cut Pro Macman45 Digital Video 10 Jul 31, 2011 12:17 AM
Final Cut Pro X Tutorials Ryan Of Seattle Mac Applications and Mac App Store 2 Jun 27, 2011 11:10 AM
final cut pro x and 2008 iMac Bvphaze3 Mac Applications and Mac App Store 0 Jun 24, 2011 01:36 PM
Final Cut Pro Studio 7 Having issues! HELP ME!!! ghandii23 Mac Applications and Mac App Store 0 May 7, 2011 01:50 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:01 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC