Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Nov 27, 2011, 08:11 PM   #1
mrstucci
macrumors newbie

Checkbook app for Mac AND iOS..

Looking for an app that I can use on my MBP, my iPhone and my iPad for keeping track of my bank account. Did some searching online but couldn't find anything. I am currently using Checkbook Pro. Like the program but it's not available for iOS. Thanks for any help, Judy
mrstucci is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2011, 08:57 AM   #2
MisterMe
macrumors G4

Even though they are largely the same under the skin, MacOS X and iOS are different operating systems targeted to very different processors. You cannot reasonably expect to find applications that run on both of these disparate machines/operating systems. CheckBook Pro is a wonder application for MacOS X. I hope that you find a checkbook app for your iPad/iPhone. However, it will not run on your Mac.
MisterMe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2011, 12:08 PM   #3
rbrian
macrumors 6502a

I don't use anything like this myself, so I can't make a recommendation, but I did find this: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pocke...283494170?mt=8

and its OSX companion app: http://www.catamount.com/desktopApps.php

And this: http://www.iggsoftware.com/ibank/
Old Nov 28, 2011, 12:16 PM   #4
danny_w
macrumors 601

It may be more than you want but IGG Software (creators of iBank for the Mac desktop) has an iPhone companion app. I don't use either so I can't vouch for it myself, but as I understand it iBank is the most full-featured Mac financial app available.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store