Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BiscottiGelato

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 11, 2011
Thought there should be quite a few. Anybody want to share problem/strategies?

I have a problem with MyTown Stock Exchange. It's not giving me the 20% income bonus for Offices. The Mega Mall does give me the 10% on Retails tho... Anybody have this same problem?

crystal0706

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2011
hey

hey Ive been playin my town for 2 weeks now, theres like no guides or tips or strategy talks anywhere about this game... I guess I'll have to start it out...
where im living, all the businesses have low popularity... the highest is 200 and others are around 100... do u have a business with a high popularity? What i figured out was that thehigher the popularity of the business the more you get paid per time although it is expensive to buy one...
What i figured out was that wonders help alot. and for example if your a starter and want to make fast money, you get wonders with the same bonuses and remodel all your businesses for the bonus, this way you could make more money.

Also does anyone know the popularity for the businesses you buy with like 100 bank notes in the business search section? for example booyah building

I really get jealous of people that have businesses with thousands of popularity... Wondering how much they cost to buy and how much they giv for 3 mins

mrsboone

macrumors newbie
Dec 2, 2011
I'm Playing

I like My Town 2, but it is hard since there is no kind of guide anywhere. The Booyah site doesn't offer any help either. :eek:

BiscottiGelato

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 11, 2011
Well, this is a good start. I am on level 35 right now with 175,190 population. Been playing for about a month? Let me spill some beans so there'll be more discussion.

- Crystal is correct. Remodelling businesses for the coin bonus that a wonder gives is a great idea. I have a problem however. After getting the 'Stock Exchange', none of my offices is getting any coin bonus. The Megamall did give me the 10% on Retail businesses however.

- The cost of getting a business is some-what inversely proportional to the distance the game think it is to the real life location of the business.

- There are 2 primary types of ways to acquire a business. You can buy it by going to 'Store' > 'Businesses' and then search. Or you can franchise it through a friend or a player near-by to where the game think it is at.

- You can see the popularity of the business both before you buy, or before you franchise

- Check out the price difference of the same business, with the phone/game being at the same location, between buying it, and franchising it.

- The business that gives me the most coins (popularity around 2800), surprisingly, is not the business that has the highest popularity (popularity just over 5000). Not sure why this is the case for now unless Booyah publishes their coin calculation formula.

- Last but not least, you can disable Location Services to MyTown (in the iPhone's Settings) and manually select a location. You can only do this once however. After you did a manual selection Mytown will remember it. From that point on you can either use your 'real' location by turning Location Services ON, or you can use the previously manually selected location by turning Location Services OFF.

There are some 1000 people in Game Center ranked higher than me in numerous categories for the game, yet I haven't seen anyone with a higher level than me posting on any threads I have came across on the game. Com'on people, we should help each other out on this game!!!

I am located in an suburb 40 minutes drive from Vancouver, B.C, Canada. BooyahID 29678170. Feel free to check-out my town or to franchise my businesses!

Last edited:

mrsboone

macrumors newbie
Dec 2, 2011
Thanks for the response.

I don't have GameCenter on my phone.

Do you know how they determine the amount of sales you receive from each business?

crystal0706

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2011
~

Guess this is really the only post on this game..
Wow thanks for all the tips
Im currently on level 30 with 150000 population
and Im in the middle of nowhere.. all the popularities around here are 100-200..
Ive found that franchising buisnesses are a better choice then buying them as you have to pay nothing and a bonus on income, with a different colour effect when u choose the minutes

most buisnesses i have get paid around 100-140 per 3 mins..
Could people list out there business popularities and how much they get paid so we can figure out a formula

Here are two of my businesses
Franchised lvl 4 133 pop 209% bonus 117 gold per 3 mins
Non franchised lvl 5 147 pop 263% bonus 123 gold per 3 mins

High rise condos giv 150 gold per hour
Condos giv 100 gold per hour

Oh and buying businesses around popularity 150 cost around 2000 gold
How much do businesses cost when they go over pop 1000?
Buying or franchising far away businesses require bank notes rather than gold, but is this correct with businesses with very high popularities that are close?

And i have found out that each time you buy and then sell a business the popularity becomes higher by 5
Im trying to find why sometimes the popularity goes down...
Checking in to a business also raises it by one

Last edited:

mrsboone

macrumors newbie
Dec 2, 2011
My Booyah ID is 31454218.
I have been playing for about a week. My population is 10680. I have 7 businesses. I own three and have franchised 4. I own the MegaMall, although I still don't understand what it does.

mrsboone

macrumors newbie
Dec 2, 2011
Friends...

What is the purpose of having Friends in My Town 2 other than franchising businesses? :p

BiscottiGelato

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 11, 2011
Guess this is really the only post on this game..
Wow thanks for all the tips
Im currently on level 30 with 150000 population
and Im in the middle of nowhere.. all the popularities around here are 100-200..
Ive found that franchising buisnesses are a better choice then buying them as you have to pay nothing and a bonus on income, with a different colour effect when u choose the minutes

most buisnesses i have get paid around 100-140 per 3 mins..
Could people list out there business popularities and how much they get paid so we can figure out a formula

Here are two of my businesses
Franchised lvl 4 133 pop 209% bonus 117 gold per 3 mins
Non franchised lvl 5 147 pop 263% bonus 123 gold per 3 mins

High rise condos giv 150 gold per hour
Condos giv 100 gold per hour

Oh and buying businesses around popularity 150 cost around 2000 gold
How much do businesses cost when they go over pop 1000?
Buying or franchising far away businesses require bank notes rather than gold, but is this correct with businesses with very high popularities that are close?

And i have found out that each time you buy and then sell a business the popularity becomes higher by 5
Im trying to find why sometimes the popularity goes down...
Checking in to a business also raises it by one

Try to turn off location services just for the MyTown App. You can choose an awesome location then, but only just once. If I can choose again, I'd chose something like New York.

When business go over 1000 pop, they usually cost bank note. If you franchise it however, usually costs about 10k coins per 1000 in popularity.

----------

Anybody got My Town Stock Exchange to work? I think I also came across some town who built multiple Top Cook Academy. I am wondering if the income bonus from Wonders can be stacked... That'll be insane if that's the case....

crystal0706

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2011
`

oh the location thing really helps thnx
Too bad I already have all my businesses at lvl 5..

I dont think the same wonders stack.. i haven't tried.. but
But having like 2 different wonders wit the same income bonus do stack
Its really annoying how expensive buying land is.. my next land costs 30000...

biscotti, could u list one of ur businesses income? i would like to compare the different between a bus wit pop 100 and pop over 1000-2000

mrsboone

macrumors newbie
Dec 2, 2011
- Last but not least, you can disable Location Services to MyTown (in the iPhone's Settings) and manually select a location. You can only do this once however. After you did a manual selection Mytown will remember it. From that point on you can either use your 'real' location by turning Location Services ON, or you can use the previously manually selected location by turning Location Services OFF.

How do you change the location? I haven't been able to figure it out.

RandomRadar

macrumors newbie
Dec 8, 2011
Hi, I have reached level 50, there currently are no levels past 50, when I click on the level, it just says, new levels coming soon. Just an FYI.

I haven't built the stock exchange yet, so I can't help you there, but I might build it soon as I do have more businesses that are offices now.

BiscottiGelato

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 11, 2011
by the way same wonders do stack. i jjust tried

Yeah, I realized that. In fact, not only do they stack, their compounds. I have 6 stock exchanges and it's giving me 3.7 times the income. I have another 11 stock exchanges building..... Should give me over 1 mil income over night over my 19 businesses.

----------

Earls Restaurant
Bonus Income: +387%
Total Check-Ins: 12,588
Popularity 2,711
3min: +129
30min: +525
2hrs: +1,227
10hrs: +2,635

Keg Steakhouse and Bar
Franchise +25%
Bonus Income: +385%
Total Check-Ins: 6,642
Popularity: 1,454
3min: +168
30min: +691
2hrs: +1,615
10hrs: +3,468

PS. I've browsed to New York, and see that they have a Starbucks with some 200,000 popularity...

friend1

macrumors newbie
Dec 9, 2011
Hello.
22 Level
42k population.
11 businneses (1 francise)

Too low popularity (less than 50) of businneses. How to increase it?

RandomRadar

macrumors newbie
Dec 8, 2011
50 Bills

Hi crystal0706

I just discovered the same thing, yuck. I have also hit level 50 (currently that is as high as you can go) so I seem to only be able to generate bills by the "lottery" each day. I have a question for everyone out there. If you buy a house or buisness with bills, does it pay rent in bills or coins?

Last edited:

RandomRadar

macrumors newbie
Dec 8, 2011
Hello.
22 Level
42k population.
11 businneses (1 francise)

Too low popularity (less than 50) of businneses. How to increase it?

I didn't find a way to increase popularity (I believe this is out of your/my control, unless you get friends to check in to the business). I just sold businesses and built up new ones that had a higher popularity.

Hope this helps

crystal0706

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2011
All businesses giv coins. Im not sure of houses but they should giv coins. Like i said above if u want to increase popularity of a certain business check in alot or repeat buying and selling rhe same business. Guess the only way to buy a land is to wait 50 days... I jus hope they dnt change the wonder stack.. Already bought alot

crystal0706

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2011
Does anyone hav the wonder that increases pop by 20%? Oh and i was wondering if u sold alot of stuff and made ur population very low,do u lose some businesses?

RandomRadar

macrumors newbie
Dec 8, 2011
Stock Exchange

Thought there should be quite a few. Anybody want to share problem/strategies?

I have a problem with MyTown Stock Exchange. It's not giving me the 20% income bonus for Offices. The Mega Mall does give me the 10% on Retails tho... Anybody have this same problem?

Well it took me more then 24 hrs to test as I have no bills for immediate build, but I have tested the stock exchange. The rent on my offices did go up 20%, but the bonus income % in the details did not increase. So yes, did get more money, but no way of knowing unless you checked the rent before the stock exchange was completed.

RandomRadar

macrumors newbie
Dec 8, 2011
Does anyone hav the wonder that increases pop by 20%? Oh and i was wondering if u sold alot of stuff and made ur population very low,do u lose some businesses?

I haven't bought the wonder that increases pop by 20%, but I did sell stuff after building a business that took me below the threshold that allowed me to build the business in the first place. My business stayed, I didn't loose it.

RandomRadar

macrumors newbie
Dec 8, 2011
Hey. I am Level 27 with about 50,000 population.

I seem to get coins fairly easily but I have a question about Bank Notes. What is a good way to get them?

The only time I really get bank notes from the "Daily Lottery" and whenever I upgrade business and go up a level, so I don't have a lot (45 right now). Am I missing some fast/easy way to get these things?

Plus, I was looking to franchise a business with my friend. One business with popularity 1,159 cost 65 bank notes and another business with popularity 1 costs 53 bank notes. Why would I franchise a business with 1 popularity for 53 bank notes?!?!

Any help would be appreciated.

Here is how I understand it. Businesses cost bank notes when they are too far from you (that's my guess anyway).
Hang no to those notes, because after land sales go past 300000 coins, then you have pay with bills. Plus as far as I know there is only 3 ways of getting bills.
1 the lottery
2 purchasing them
3 advancing to a new level.
FYI there are currently only 50 levels, after that there is only 2 ways to get bills.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.