Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AnthonySmith

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 25, 2011
Southern CA
Hey everyone. I need to finish my Christmas list for my parents by December 1st and I'm torn on which iPad 2 case to get. I'm looking for a book-style leather/wooden case. I was first looking at the DODOcase at first, then decided to expand my search for these types of cases. I came across two others that I really liked, the Pad & Quill Octavo and the Portenzo Customizable Case.

I've done some research and I think I've decided to exclude the DODOcase simply because it does not have a camera cutout and it doesn't support the 'smart cover' sleep/wake feature, both of which I really want.

I like that the Portenzo is customizable and that it offers a stylus pocket, but that's not really a huge deal for me.

I like the Octavo because it looks like it's made of great quality and I like the additional (optional) pocket feature, which would be a good use for my for some school papers.

So my question to you all is, which do you like better? Have you had one of these cases, or even both? What do you like and dislike about these cases?

Any comments would help.

Thanks,

Anthony. :apple:

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
I own a portenzo and two P&Q'S......get the PQ ...much better quality....
966f9e27.jpg

Be aware all of these plywood cases will loosen if you take them in and out a lot....

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.