|Nov 28, 2011, 09:08 PM||#1|
Music section of music tab for my iphone in itunes missing
So I sync'd up my iphone 4 with new instance of new itunes on a new macbook pro. Since doing so, I have no way of syncing music to the phone. the music section in the music tab is actually missing.
I have iTunes match on, so on my phone, I have my library available via cloud, but not actually on the phone. See screen shot attached.
This is the process I followed to move the phone over to the new laptop. Everything is great, except I can't get music on it!
1. Disable auto sync when an iPod/iPhone is connected under Preferences>Devices in itunes(under the edit menu if using Windows).
2. Make sure you have one contact & one event in the supported applications(Address Book, iCal) on your computer. These entries can be fake, doesn't matter, the important point is that these programs not be empty.
3. Connect her phone, iTunes running, do not sync at this point.
4. Store>Authorize this computer.
5. File>Transfer Purchases(To make sure all purchased content on her phone will be in her itunes library).
6. Right click in the device pane & select reset warnings.
7. Right click again and select backup.
8. Right click again & select restore from backup, select the backup you just made. When prompted to create another backup, decline.
9. This MUST be followed by a sync to restore her itunes content, which you select from the various tabs, You'll get a popup regarding her contacts & calendars asking to merge or replace, select merge.
|Nov 28, 2011, 09:30 PM||#2|
You have to download them from the cloud on the phone, in the music app. Once match is on, you can no longer add the music from iTunes on your computer, unless you turn match off.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Resolved: Find My iPhone||Secruoser||iOS 5 and earlier||3||Nov 24, 2011 05:38 AM|
|My apple ID had deauthorised on my iPhone 4 and iOS5?!||waywardsage||iOS 5 and earlier||0||Oct 12, 2011 07:22 PM|
|Need help! I can not get my laptop to pick up my iphone in itunes!!||littleT||iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting||0||Jul 11, 2010 11:24 AM|
|HELP My imac doesn't show my iphone in itunes||NewMacGirl||iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting||2||Dec 10, 2008 01:18 PM|
|Burn CDs for my car in iTunes?||DinoAdventure||Mac Applications and Mac App Store||19||Oct 12, 2005 08:44 AM|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:49 PM.