Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

musika

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 2, 2010
New York
I was thinking, I'd love a white nano. My iPod nano (black) Is going to be replaced through the replacement program. Please don't write stuff bashing me, I understand how this would be unrealistic or seem selfish, but do you think it's possible? I could try puttin a post it note in with my nano and just seeing what happens ;). Reminds me of the story about the guy who sent his iPad back with a post it saying wife said no, and apple sent it back saying Apple said yes.

I'd love to see this work, what do you guys think? Anyone else do this?

ilovemyibook

macrumors 6502
Mar 19, 2006
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I highly doubt it. The only reason I say that is because your serial number has your iPod identifiers on it. They are going to see what color it says and that's what you're going to get. Ever notice that on the iPod Replacement Page it shows a white Nano for you? Well, it shows a white Nano because the serial number you entered is for a white one. I don't really know how they could over-ride their system. Personally, I love the white iPods because that's classic Apple to me.

Read it quickly...thought you wanted a black Nano and were sending in a white one. Lol. Just substitute white for black in my post.

ftaok

macrumors 603
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast
There was that other guy that put white masking tape all over his black nano, along with a note explaining his desire for a white nano replacement. The story was that his wife had bought him the black nano as a gift and assumed that he would prefer a black one (more macho). He actually wanted the white one and refrained from exchanging it as it may have hurt her feelings.

Not sure if he's gotten his replacement nano yet.

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Feb 28, 2009
Ever notice that on the iPod Replacement Page it shows a white Nano for you? Well, it shows a white Nano because the serial number you entered is for a white one.
negative, my nano is black and this is what my screen shot looks like. i think they've all defaulted to white for the picture?

screenshotipod.png

ilovemyibook

macrumors 6502
Mar 19, 2006
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

yanki01 said:
Ever notice that on the iPod Replacement Page it shows a white Nano for you? Well, it shows a white Nano because the serial number you entered is for a white one.
negative, my nano is black and this is what my screen shot looks like. i think they've all defaulted to white for the picture?

screenshotipod.png

Hmm. That's unusual. If I remember right your icon in iTunes shows the right color? I've had both black and white iPods/iPhones and I thought they always displayed the right color.

musika

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 2, 2010
New York
Well, my box finally came today.

Packed up my black nano. Put a polite little post-it note asking if it would be at all possible to send back a white one, even though unlikely.

Fedex is coming tomorrow.

I'll let you all know in a few weeks + when I get my nano back.

I doubt they'll do it, but how cool would that be?! Worth a shot, absolutely.

BlizzardBolt

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2011
Mariana Trench
Well, my box finally came today.

Packed up my black nano. Put a polite little post-it note asking if it would be at all possible to send back a white one, even though unlikely.

Fedex is coming tomorrow.

I'll let you all know in a few weeks + when I get my nano back.

I doubt they'll do it, but how cool would that be?! Worth a shot, absolutely.

Interesting, don't forget to keep us updated on this!

Resist

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2008
Apple is sending back 6th generations Nano's and there is no white or black color. So who knows what colors they will be sending out. I just don't want a pink one.

musika

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 2, 2010
New York
Apple is sending back 6th generations Nano's and there is no white or black color. So who knows what colors they will be sending out. I just don't want a pink one.

Yeah I saw this. I've got a 6G so I'll be giving this one away. They'll all be silver, I hear.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.