Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers

Old May 24, 2005, 01:31 PM   #1
kiwi_the_iwik
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to kiwi_the_iwik
Anti Aliasing on an iMac?

Well - the title says it all, really...

I went to the ATI website, and downloaded the latest drivers for my new G5 20" iMac, and was hoping to get some satisfaction out of turning on FSAA...

BUT - when the drivers were installed, all I got was a System Preference file that DIDN'T give me the option (just versavision instead!). However, that's not to say it CAN'T be done.

Apparently, FSAA is available on Radeon 9600's, but the latest ATI drivers will NOT recognise my card as a Radeon 9600...

Any luck with anyone else???
Old May 25, 2005, 01:56 AM   #2
kiwi_the_iwik
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to kiwi_the_iwik
OK - actually - what I SHOULD have asked is:

Do you think it's something that ATI will address in the future, or do you think we're NOT going to be able to access specific anti-aliasing controls if we own OEM cards soldered to the motherboard - even though it seems that Tiger utilises it with it's Core Image technology...?

And if Apple can use it, does that mean there's a workaround patch available from a 3rd party vendor?

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers