Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

riceguy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 10, 2011
Is there an app that can take pictures and saves it inside it's own app and not to the apple camera roll folder app, it keeps getting corrupted and crashes if accessed or looked at.

Temporary workaround is i found out "Batch" saves photos inside its app and photos can be emailed but the quality is not very good and it doesn't geotag or have anything special.

Please help, this is ruining my vacation :(

Situation:
1 month old white 16gb 4S iOS 5 is having issues with the camera app. The app crashes when i take a photo or view the camera roll. I found a solution from a iPhone Canada site to go into the iPhone and deleting a file and letting it be rebuilt. Problem is I'm on vacation in south America with no computer, I can't back it up, any app that touches the camera roll crashes(i.e Dropbox). It fails to backup to iCloud also. Camera kit is also not compatible with 4S(wtf apple?!) So I hav no way to take photos off(big fail, google shows me this problem came in ios 4 with iPhone 4). I do want to hard reset and lose my 500 vacation photos. I tried variation backup applications and they all crash trying to access camera roll.
(is there an app in the AppStore that can access the directory so I can delete th corrupt file to fix it)

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US
Can you successfully enable Photo Stream and have those 500 photos go up to the cloud so you can hard reset or be more aggresive with your attempts to repair?

riceguy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 10, 2011
Photo stream only shows old photos, it can't access the camera roll either

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.