Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

covertsurfer

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 18, 2007
I have sent my iPod Nano in and its in the status of Product replacement pending.

What I don't get is why the 6 week wait?

Is this to give them time to start producing new casings?
If they are returning refurbished ones, are they taking them all apart and them polishing them up to be all shiny again?

Fuchal

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2003
I have sent my iPod Nano in and its in the status of Product replacement pending.

What I don't get is why the 6 week wait?

Is this to give them time to start producing new casings?
If they are returning refurbished ones, are they taking them all apart and them polishing them up to be all shiny again?

I'd assume they have a small stockpile of pre-refurbished nanos but for the most part, they will take the nanos people send in, swap the battery, front and backs, and send them back out.

covertsurfer

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 18, 2007
But where are they getting the front and backs from?

Are they making new ones which is why it takes 6 weeks or is it simply they have the front and backs already but the sheer volume is why its taking so long?

ilovemyibook

macrumors 6502
Mar 19, 2006
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

covertsurfer said:
But where are they getting the front and backs from?

Are they making new ones which is why it takes 6 weeks or is it simply they have the front and backs already but the sheer volume is why its taking so long?

It's probably a combination of both. I don't think people can comprehend how difficult this is for Apple. I don't think it will take 6 weeks though.

sclawis300

macrumors 65816
Apr 22, 2010
ha ha, I kind of want to reply with something like, "why is the sky blue?" They are giving us free replacements and they stated it would take 6 weeks from the time they receive the defective nano. That means I will have mine by the 29th of December. Just be patient.

grufh

macrumors newbie
Dec 3, 2011
Victoria
Nano Gen 1 replacement question

Hi
I requested a replacement Nano and my email response from Apple said
"You will receive the return instructions for the original and shipping materials for you to use. Please don't use any other package, because if the original is damaged in shipping as a result of improper packaging"

I've yet to receive this. It's been 18 days. What's up with that?
Anyone else still waiting?

CasketBlack

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2011
Hi
I requested a replacement Nano and my email response from Apple said
"You will receive the return instructions for the original and shipping materials for you to use. Please don't use any other package, because if the original is damaged in shipping as a result of improper packaging"

I've yet to receive this. It's been 18 days. What's up with that?
Anyone else still waiting?

I'm still waiting... since Nov.14 :apple:

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
I'm still waiting since 12 November. Not going to call them since they did mention that it could take up to 6 weeks.

AndrewR23

Contributor
Jun 24, 2010
been waiting since nov 12. not even a box to send my phone in.

Called Apple. They said it will take up to 90 business days for my box to come.

4 different Apple reps said that.

loby

macrumors 68000
Jul 1, 2010
Sent mine in when I received the box. Checked status and it said, "Pending". I hope they are actually sending back my original with new sidings if we are not getting new ones.

I took care of mine and would not want someone else's who might have bang their's around. Though they will run diagnostics, this is why it has a 90 day afterwards I presume. Maybe they are refurbishing the actual one that we sent in and will send what we sent in back.

This might be why it is taking so long...

Spinnetti

macrumors regular
Apr 26, 2005
Kentucky
Mines been a long time too, but you know what? So what. Heck, I'd prefer their actual cost to do all that back, a credit to the Apple store/itunes or whatever. With the advent of the iPhone etc, the pod, and especially the old nano doesn't have much meaning. Wouldn't mind a new one if I got it cheap to use as a cool watch :)

zackkmac

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2008
Denver
This thread reminded me I also submitted a request on announcement day. :eek:

I just checked the status of mine and it says the empty box was shipped yesterday.

grufh

macrumors newbie
Dec 3, 2011
Victoria
Just received my box for my Nano 1Gen from UPS

It took 31 days to receive my box from Apple via UPS. It just got picked up today from FedEx. Wonder how long before I get the replacement? Stay tuned.:)

KevinC867

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2007
Saratoga, CA
It took 31 days to receive my box from Apple via UPS. It just got picked up today from FedEx. Wonder how long before I get the replacement? Stay tuned.:)

It's been over six weeks and they have still not mailed me a box. I'm still stuck at "Step 1 | Request / November 12, 2011: Service requested"

Any one else waiting this long for the box?

quagmire

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2004
It's been over six weeks and they have still not mailed me a box. I'm still stuck at "Step 1 | Request / November 12, 2011: Service requested"

Any one else waiting this long for the box?

Dang I submitted my request on Saturday, and mine already says shipped empty box. I would call Apple....

I expect the process to move quicker now that they decided to ship 6th gens as replacements.

covertsurfer

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 18, 2007
I've been waiting exactly 6 weeks and a iPod Nano 6th Gen has turned up with 90 days warranty.

I'm in the UK

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.