Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Nov 30, 2011, 10:29 AM   #1
macandal
macrumors newbie

"Enable disk use"

So, now that my hard drive is dead and I find myself uploading most of the music I lost, I went looking for ways to transfer the music I had in my brother's iPod Touch to my computer. This would not solve all my problems, but it would greatly help me get back the 8,000 songs I lost with my hd (he's got about half my library in his iPod). I found this article from engadget which explains how to do it. I did the music I had bought from the mac store first and that worked just fine. No problems. Then I tried to do the second step, which was to transfer the music I, myself, had uploaded back to the new drive I bought, but I got stuck at the very beginning, where it says that I have to make sure "Enable disk use" is checked. I don't have this option on the Touch??? How do I do this?

My other option, explained in the article, is to use Phone to Mac, but I don't want to pay, if I can help it, to recover my music.

Thanks.
macandal is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2011, 10:44 AM   #2
Thetonyk123
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by macandal View Post
So, now that my hard drive is dead and I find myself uploading most of the music I lost, I went looking for ways to transfer the music I had in my brother's iPod Touch to my computer. This would not solve all my problems, but it would greatly help me get back the 8,000 songs I lost with my hd (he's got about half my library in his iPod). I found this article from engadget which explains how to do it. I did the music I had bought from the mac store first and that worked just fine. No problems. Then I tried to do the second step, which was to transfer the music I, myself, had uploaded back to the new drive I bought, but I got stuck at the very beginning, where it says that I have to make sure "Enable disk use" is checked. I don't have this option on the Touch??? How do I do this?

My other option, explained in the article, is to use Phone to Mac, but I don't want to pay, if I can help it, to recover my music.

Thanks.
You cannot enable disk use on the iPod touch.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 10:49 AM   #3
macandal
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thetonyk123 View Post
You cannot enable disk use on the iPod touch.
Oh! Thanks. The article seemed to think one could do this even on the touch. I know the article is a couple of years old, but, is this a new development? Do you have any suggestions to do this? Thanks for your post.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 11:04 AM   #4
Thetonyk123
macrumors 68000

I would think this works http://www.tuaw.com/2007/09/21/use-y...400-usb-stick/
Old Dec 3, 2011, 03:00 PM   #5
macandal
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thetonyk123 View Post
Ok. I downloaded this file, but I don't know how to use them. Anyone care to help me out here? Thanks.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch