Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gianthobbit

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 20, 2010
Trying to install Windows via bootcamp and keep getting this error message:
Boot%20Camp%20Assistant.jpg

Done some research and seeing some conflicting information. Some say you need to do a fresh install of Lion, some that you need to defrag. Then I did search on defraging a SSD and they say its bad and should not be done.

How do I resolve this, please help!!!

Adgeman

macrumors member
Dec 22, 2005
I've had this issue a few times and it gets really old really quickly. Basically there isn't enough room where there are zero files on your hard drive to create the new partition. It can be very annoying. I've even tried to install Win 7 onto a new mac and had this error. You could try to reduce the size of the Win 7 partition to see if you can find enough contiguous space but make sure you don't create one too small.

Your only real option is to backup then reboot into Recovery partition and then erase the HD. Once this is done create two partitions for each OS and install the backed OSX onto one. Once you've done this you should be able to install Windows correctly.

Does everyone else concur?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.