Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SteveC

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 7, 2003
I'm in the process of "sprucing up" my icons in Tiger on my new iMac. :)

I like what I've done so far, maybe solely on the basis that they're *different* from the default icons now. Attached are pics of what I've one so far. :) All icons are from iconfactory.com

Now to the main reason I am posting this topic: Does anyone have a great icon to replace the generic Applications folder icon? I'm looking for something to replace that, and also the Home icon.

Any ideas or suggestions...? Please share them! :)

Attachments

• Finder1.png
    Finder1.png
    29.4 KB · Views: 311
  • Finder2.png
    Finder2.png
    33.9 KB · Views: 198

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Sorry, but your new music icon is worse than the default one. The default one was so clearly music, and now its not as clear. That speaker or whatever it is takes a second to think about.

SteveC

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 7, 2003
Abstract said:
Sorry, but your new music icon is worse than the default one. The default one was so clearly music, and now its not as clear. That speaker or whatever it is takes a second to think about.
That's fine. I don't disagree. :p I have in no way committed to stay with those. But do you have any suggestions to offer? I am working to find Applications and Home icons, so if you can help, please do.

Kosher Terror

macrumors member
Jan 6, 2004
Oakland
Here is my current setup. I use the Minium icon set with some Kill Bill icons and some from World of Aqua thrown in.

Attachments

• screenshot.jpeg
    screenshot.jpeg
    20.9 KB · Views: 192

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
I use the Rev.2 versions of the World of Aqua for my system icons, but for the toolbar and sidebar I use the toolbar icons from the G5 System set. They're nice and flat and go nicely with the brushed metal finder. You can find these sets across at The Iconfactory.

As Kosher mentioned too, Minium is another great set that's well worth a look.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Is Candybar the only way to change the Icon? Why isn't it possible to do so just by clicking on Movies, for example, and going to "GET INFO" and replace the icon from there?

Anyway, I'll try Candybar if I must. I hate some of these icons.

SteveC

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 7, 2003
Abstract said:
Is Candybar the only way to change the Icon? Why isn't it possible to do so just by clicking on Movies, for example, and going to "GET INFO" and replace the icon from there?
Yep, you can do it that way (the "Get Info" route). :) When you change icons in your home directory, they will automatically change in all the Finder windows. Well, in Tiger anyway. Mine did, anyway. :)

munkle

macrumors 68030
Aug 7, 2004
On a jet plane
Abstract said:

Anyway, I'll try Candybar if I must. I hate some of these icons.

The 'Get Info' way is better for a few icon changes here and there, Candybar (like e said) is best for sweeping system wide changes.

James Philp

macrumors 65816
Mar 5, 2005
Oxford/London
mileslong said:
do you guys like mine??

screenshot1.jpg
That has to be the most confusing set of sidebar icons I have ever seen.
I have a pixadex library of around 5000 icons, and what do I use? The apple ones! It's just too much hassle constantly to get them uniform after updates/installs etc.

dorqiekat

macrumors 6502a
Jul 3, 2004
my replies keep getting lost, 3rd time trying now. Can someone explain changing the icons the "get info" way? :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.